Line mixers.... Whats that all about?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• garfygarfy Frets: 144
    I'm looking into this as well. The Timeline can be set to Kill dry. With stereo out, does one stay wet & one dry? Because if it does I could link it to the Lehle Little Dual, that has stereo in & out..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    @garfy - You'll need loads of TRS cables to make a little dual to that

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

So the stereo out of the timeline would be KillDry on both? So I would still need the parallel Blue Lehle and then to the Little dual in mono and out to both amps (A,B)?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    garfy said:
    So the stereo out of the timeline would be KillDry on both? So I would still need the parallel Blue Lehle and then to the Little dual in mono and out to both amps (A,B)?
    Marc,

I'm in Winnie's leg mode at moment....

Or paging @philrob1 ;

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Sorry to read the news. Fingers crossed. 
  • Maybe a question for @GavRichList. If I put just my H9 through a mini-mixer, would that make post/pre-routing it with other delay pedal more complicated? Just wondering if the Lehle mixer or any other would allow me to do this.
  • Hello,

The Strymon Timeline can be set to Kill Dry, through the Global Menus if I remember correctly.

"Line Mixers" could be one of many things. As correctly stated, they could be used to parallel mix certain FX without a "Dry Level" control, such as a CE-2 chorus. They could also be used to parallel mix certain delays, however the *vast majority* of delays are analog dry through (which is what you achieve using a mixer). All parallel mixing means is that the dry signal is blended with the wet signal at the output, and as such does not pass through AD/DA conversion, degrading the signal quality.

Certain FX that are NOT analog dry through, off the top of my head:

TC Nova Delay
    TC G System
    Line 6 Echopark
    Line 6 DL4
    Eventide Timefactor

Many other delays, such as those mentioned above; TC2290, DD-2/DD-3 - are infact "analog dry through" - the dry doesn't pass through AD/DA converters.

Another type of line mixer is a "Parallel Line Mixer" (Not to be confused with parallel mixing) 

A parallel line mixer has 2/3/4 individual Send/Returns that are all in parallel to each other. IE - when using with delays, the repeats do not "spill over" each other - the repeat levels and summed at the output with the dry.

@Garfy - whilst I have not tried what you are asking RE Stereo out of the Timeline, I would guess that yes, both outputs are Kill Dry - you can test be trying it - if they are, you will hear only repeats.

However, I do not think there would be any benefit to using a Lehle Line Mixer with the Timeline, as no AD/DA conversion of the dry signal takes place.

Many thanks Phil. Some more experimentation to come me thinks.  ;)