Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

You're not going to believe this.. but it's true.. all of it.

What's Hot

Comments

• Worth noting, with all this talk of 'restricted' CCTV; you, as an individual, have a legal right to view any privately recorded CCTV footage of yourself. You simply need to make a CCTV access request to the persons responsible for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I remember my car getting broken into the other year, apparently they had a master key and we're doing vans but saw my car as an opportunity.

When dusting for prints, we found they'd grabbed Balls Out by steel panther. They didn't take it. 

I like knowing the thief had such shit taste in music, they didn't nick any discs. 

Yes, I still use cd's.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24285
    Worth noting, with all this talk of 'restricted' CCTV; you, as an individual, have a legal right to view any privately recorded CCTV footage of yourself. You simply need to make a CCTV access request to the persons responsible for it.
    Won't help.

he won't be in the footage when the rack was removed. No right to see that part of the footage.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I dunno. i really dont know what I'd have done.. 

option 1. My anger would have got me. the old man would either deny all knowledge of buying it in the last few weeks, or claim it was his from day dot.

either way if you are 100% sure its yours, this screams to me that the old man is a relation of the theif being used to shift stolen goods. 

I could have taken it back from him, telling him it was nicked. 

Now if the old man is legitimate and genuine, he just got robbed of stolen goods he didnt know were stolen. 
    Id have taken back whats mine (possibly illegally?). 

Either way I'm now left with a bad conscious. Im not a bad guy and I have anxiety issues.. What if he genuinely didnt know they were stolen. Id feel like i've done him over even though the item is mine.

My anger is still present. Im broke and I work hard for how little I have. 
    now I also feel shit. The theft in the first place still pissing me off. 
    But I took back whats mine. 

Option 2. 
    Police get notified, old man gets notified he is in possession of stolen goods. Any photos, reciepts etc i have are shown to both of them. 
    I ask the old man how he got them, I explain what happened and see where it gets me. Probably nowhere because people arent all nice. 

So that leave constantly, and I mean everyday being at the dealers demanding they sort it. 
    Hopefully they will reimburse me. More chance if they are a main dealer. 

However Im prepared to never get reimbursed or my item back. 

I feel angry, done over, victimised and fully disrespected. 
    But I sleep with a clean conscious knowing in my heart I am fully 100% a good man. 

I dont know dude. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Why didn't you call the police on day 1? Immediately after the garage gave you the obvious fob-off that 'The manager is on holiday.' I'm not saying you're easy or gullible my friend but.... really!

Anyway, I have Jimi Hendrix's strat here; the very one he set on fire and am only asking £1500 for it. An excellent collectors item and bound to be worth a lot if you sell it on in a couple of years. Interested?

Honest Steve signing off.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wanted to give the garage the benefit of doubt and an opportunity to address the situation. That didn't happen. Even with the police onboard from day one it's my word against theirs.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    Steve922 said:

Anyway, I have Jimi Hendrix's strat here; the very one he set on fire and am only asking £1500 for it. An excellent collectors item and bound to be worth a lot if you sell it on in a couple of years. Interested?

;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I'd have gone to the police. I wouldn't have paid for my own stuff.
  • I couldn't prove it was mine. It's circumstantial.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• i took my car to a garage, i had a banjo in the boot, not really caring about it. when i collected the car there were three more banjos left inside :)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    i took my car to a garage, i had a banjo in the boot, not really caring about it. when i collected the car there were three more banjos left inside :)
    Lmfao please tell me youre serious!!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    jellyroll said:

That is unbelievable.......Vauxhall Zafiras have heaters?

Vauxhall Zafiras Are heaters, better than a bonfire. Oh wait...
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    if it's a franchised dealer, write to the hq of vauxhall uk. 

no opinions, just state facts.
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    i took my car to a garage, i had a banjo in the boot, not really caring about it. when i collected the car there were three more banjos left inside :)

I ended up with an articulated lorry full of Accordions.. :(
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Its amazing that some people would risk losing their jobs, for the sake of nicking some change or some cd's.

obviously due to Brexit.

The one I mentioned was long before Brexit, and was an Eastern European who did it.

The other Eastern Europeans who did the valeting hated that one of them had risked all of their jobs by doing this (contracted company who employed them).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• James as mentioned above I would at least write to the Head Office from the POV of "I wanted to let you know that you definately have a thief amongst your team" although a lot is circumstantial the fact that the bike rack went missing is still true. 

Sorry to hear you've been f**ked over pal. Would you mind pm'ing the dealer then I can warn friends and family (privately)
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • well I decided to email Vauxhall... watch this space
    My trading feedback

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Worth noting, with all this talk of 'restricted' CCTV; you, as an individual, have a legal right to view any privately recorded CCTV footage of yourself. You simply need to make a CCTV access request to the persons responsible for it.
    Does that mean we can drown those tossers with videos on their cycle helmets in red tape?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • An official complaint to head office sounds like the best option right now. It doesn't change the fact that you got robbed but at least the higher ups will be more vigilant ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Go to Facebook/Twitter etc?

This stuff always gets shared