Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

You're not going to believe this.. but it's true.. all of it.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    Head office will likely give you some cash as a goodwill thing either way. And hopefully investigate and have the relevant fucker fired. If I was the boss I'd want the CCTV to see who it was, and if it was mysteriously not working then whoever's job it is to look after it would be fired on the spot. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So the outcome from the email.....

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to learn of your experiences and can understand your reasons for contacting us.

I note that you have already reported the matter to the police and can confirm that we would consider that this is the best course of action. I can confirm that we have recorded the details of your experiences on file and thank you for taking the time to advise us.

.. let's hope it contributes to a future case.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    So the outcome from the email.....

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to learn of your experiences and can understand your reasons for contacting us.

I note that you have already reported the matter to the police and can confirm that we would consider that this is the best course of action. I can confirm that we have recorded the details of your experiences on file and thank you for taking the time to advise us.

.. let's hope it contributes to a future case.
    What a crap experience and sounds like Vauxhall are really that interested. I'm just glad I do all my own work on my cars, only take them to a garage for MOT and then I stay and chat to the bloke as he does it. I even take the wheels of my cars to take them to get new tyres fitted to preven the half barins damaging the underneath of my cars with their attempts at using a four post lift.

My experience is that most garages are full of crooks and incompetents and I wouldn't trust any to fix my car safely, let alone not nick stuff from it. The situation isn't helped by transitory nature of employment in garages and mechanics constantly moving from garage to another.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

I believe this 100%

One sautrday the wife and I took her car to get some new front tyres. Went to a local independent garage. Agreed a price and was told it would take 20 minutes.

I hand over the box with the locking wheel nut adapter in it. It's the box it came in along with the four locking bolts and sits every day in the bit where the spare wheel goes. It's never taken out unless a tyre is changed. Last time was probably 18 months ago.

Go back after 20 minutes and told sorry the locking wheel nut adapter wasn't in the box, they could remove the nuts but at a cost of £15 each. I'm adamant I gave it to them, I said as much, but I quickly realised I had zero leg to stand on and had been well and truly done over.

Told the garage I didn't want them to do the tyres anymore and drove off.

Got the tyres done at another garage, explained that I no longer had the locking nut adapter and I got the impression they'd heard this sorry tale before.

Cost me £40 to get all four removed. I'm really cross about it because despite having zero evidence I know I handed it over. I'm adamant.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    gubble said:

I believe this 100%

One sautrday the wife and I took her car to get some new front tyres. Went to a local independent garage. Agreed a price and was told it would take 20 minutes.

I hand over the box with the locking wheel nut adapter in it. It's the box it came in along with the four locking bolts and sits every day in the bit where the spare wheel goes. It's never taken out unless a tyre is changed. Last time was probably 18 months ago.

Go back after 20 minutes and told sorry the locking wheel nut adapter wasn't in the box, they could remove the nuts but at a cost of £15 each. I'm adamant I gave it to them, I said as much, but I quickly realised I had zero leg to stand on and had been well and truly done over.

Got the tyres done at another garage, explained that I no longer had the locking nut adapter and I got the impression they'd heard this sorry tale before.

Cost me £40 to get all four removed. I'm really cross about it because despite having zero evidence I know I handed it over. I'm adamant.

Just a theory, but this is how it normally goes:-
    They took the lock nut adapter, stuck it on the wheel nut gun. Whizz, crack, broken adapter. They never learn.
    Then they decide that the best course of action is to blame customer (always puzzles me how they think this will work out well for them).
    Customer never uses garage again.
    The end.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Octafish said:
    What a crap experience and sounds like Vauxhall are really that interested.
    Most manufacturers would be interested, the dealership is representing their brand. One bad experience like this can end up as a lost customer for good.
    I'd be surprised if the dealership has a second similar story gets to keep the brand.
    A dealership I used to work at (before my time there) lost Vauxhall on one trading standards inspection.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    FX_Munkee said:
    gubble said:

I'm really cross about it because despite having zero evidence I know I handed it over. I'm adamant.

Just a theory, but this is how it normally goes:-
    They took the lock nut adapter, stuck it on the wheel nut gun. Whizz, crack, broken adapter. They never learn.
    Then they decide that the best course of action is to blame customer (always puzzles me how they think this will work out well for them).
    Customer never uses garage again.
    The end.
    That's why I always remove the locking bolts and refit the standard ones (and leave the locking ones at home) if I have to take the car in for tyres, or to anyone other than my proper - and totally trustworthy, two guys who have worked there for 20 years - independent garage. It just prevents trouble, and only takes five minutes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• locking wheel nuts? total bollocks, do people go around nicking wheels off ford fiestas these days?  apparently you can buy the locking nut keys in a set for £30 that does most cars, ive been told
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    gubble said:

I believe this 100%

20 mins to change 2 front tyres?

I just pop down the local tyre place, they tell me where to park my car and then do all the work in front of me while i'm talking to them. 

Even my usual mechanic is more than happy for me to hang around/help when he's repairing my car or van - means he doesn't have to make his own coffee.

I don't like taking my car to places where I'm not allowed to watch what they're doing to my vehicle. Always sounds dodgy to me.