Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Well it's official, I'm leaving Yamaha. Sort of.

What's Hot
rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2459
edited January 2017 in Off Topic
So after several months of discussions and lots of soul searching and number crunching, I've decided to take a leap of faith and quit my job to become a full time musician. It's really scary but also really exciting and I've been offered some fantastic opportunities that will make the dream a reality.

I'll still be doing a load of work for them and of course Line 6 but on a freelance basis so won't be going too far. You'll see me about. I'll also be doing some touring, bit of consultancy and probably get into building rigs for people so hopefully keep busy. 

Of course if this all goes horribly wrong, do me a favour. If you see me at the local Tesco trying to sell you AA cover, Sky TV or even a sandwich, be gentle. Wish me luck. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 22reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds exciting - best of luck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Good for you .......there's no shame in hawking outside Tesco or a motorway services - especially if needs must because you got a pair of balls fitted and thought you would be bold enough to try and make your own way  in many ways it's a lot more noble and worthy of applause than somebody who finds a hiding place in a big corporation ,does as little as they can get away with and keeps their head below the parapet .
    Good for you,sir
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Good luck, well done for taking the leap!
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10296
    Good luck and all the best.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31618
    Good luck, sounds like you have a few avenues to explore, always the best way IMO. 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Are you going to be rossxyamaha?  :)

A leap of faith is so good for the karma.  Good luck.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good luck, and congratulations on having some serious guts, mate. 

Here is to seeing you take over the world!
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2459
    Thanks folks. Yeah it's been a huge decision making process. Big mortgage, 2 kids, 2 horses, a dog and a posh rat. Really scary as I've never done the self employed thing before. No idea what will happen but got to give it a go. I'm 40 this year and as I approach the back 9 of my life, I realise how much I've missed thanks to spreadsheets. Nothing wrong with that sort of work but if I can make a living playing guitar or using any knowledge I have I have to have a go. There's always jobs out there so if doesn't work I'll do something else. Could be fun. Or really really stupid! 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Thanks folks. Yeah it's been a huge decision making process. Big mortgage, 2 kids, 2 horses, a dog and a posh rat. Really scary as I've never done the self employed thing before. No idea what will happen but got to give it a go. I'm 40 this year and as I approach the back 9 of my life, I realise how much I've missed thanks to spreadsheets. Nothing wrong with that sort of work but if I can make a living playing guitar or using any knowledge I have I have to have a go. There's always jobs out there so if doesn't work I'll do something else. Could be fun. Or really really stupid! 
    There is your downfall right there. Imagine having five of the buggers.......... And a dog, four cats, eight chickens, a goose and ten llamas.  Man I wish I was working again!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72426
    Just remember to not ask them if they want back the THR100 and whatever else you've borrowed :).

And good luck!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    Congrats.
    Are they hiring for your role?
    I could be tempted.
    :)
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Absolute best of luck.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Best of luck, well done for making a go of it.
  • Sell the kids and the horses. 

You're welcome ;) 

Just kidding, I'm stoked for you. I vaguely remember you ripping it up on an andertons video with the Yamaha thr? 
  • Good move dude, hope it works out for you.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Midlife career changes are exciting! 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Best of luck, sounds awesome :) I've just done something very similar, life's too short not to take a chance I reckon.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Best of luck  =)
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    Good luck sunshine!
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24823
    Good luck to you.