Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) dead? Trump wasting no time.

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fretwired said:
    So the great wall of Mexico will get built, Muslims are being banned from entering the USA from certain countries and the oil pipeline from Canada to the USA that runs through sacred Native American lands is back on again - Trump's reversed Obama's ban. He's not hanging around is he ... alienating millions of people on the way.
    On the bright side, the dollar is dropping against almost every currency in the world, so if anyone's visiting the US their £ will go a lot further...
    And we might be able to afford to buy Strymon pedals again .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    So the great wall of Mexico will get built, Muslims are being banned from entering the USA from certain countries and the oil pipeline from Canada to the USA that runs through sacred Native American lands is back on again - Trump's reversed Obama's ban. He's not hanging around is he ... alienating millions of people on the way.
    On the bright side, the dollar is dropping against almost every currency in the world, so if anyone's visiting the US their £ will go a lot further...
    Pfffft. No chance :D
    <space for hire>
  • Fretwired said:
    Being able to afford them isn't a problem for me. Liking how they sound... priceless.  

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    what on earth have Transgenders have to do with trade now??

Jeez....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Jeez....
    Believe it or not, that's all my job's about this week...website selling school uniforms, and it's been decided that we have to support transgender pupils...which is all well and good until you try to build an age/growth profile for them...
    <space for hire>
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    mellowsun said:
    This is what I was referring to when I said on another thread that he could turn out to be a good president in some ways.

His rhetoric appeases the rednecks while his actions could boost the economy and generate jobs. And his (so far) lack of appetite for war is refreshing.

He could get a lot of deals done. 

On social policy he wants to turn back the clock to the 1950s but a lot of people on both sides of the Atlantic seem to want that too.

Yet he's probably the sort of person who's mind could be changed with quiet persuasion by someone he respects. Liberals denouncing him and waving placards will have the opposite effect.

hmm, on the other hand that does sound a bit like I'm advocating appeasement!
    He's a fratboy - big mouth big ego. This osrt of character wants to save face and look good, look like a powerful big man etc. MOst times if you get in a shouting match with these characters, especially in front of their subordinates, they refuse to budge. However, a bit of quiet covert face to face persuasion usually works a treat, especially if they think it will make them look good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Snap said:

He's a fratboy - big mouth big ego. This osrt of character wants to save face and look good, look like a powerful big man etc. MOst times if you get in a shouting match with these characters, especially in front of their subordinates, they refuse to budge. However, a bit of quiet covert face to face persuasion usually works a treat, especially if they think it will make them look good.
    :-) - I like that description ..

• Fretwired said:
    Ravenous said:
    Fretwired said:
    Now, a president... well I mean.. why not shoot a president?

Awww man, now you've gone and put us all on a CIA watch list.  I already have problems sleeping from the noise of the Black Helicopters....

:)

Clint Eastwood will protect us .. :-)
    I'm guessing somebody didn't get the quote ;)

Intelligence agencies on the other hand are well known for their sense of humour and familiarity with popular culture references.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Fretwired said:
    :-) - I like that description ..
    lol. Well he is. So typical of many people like this - loud, boorish, bully boys. Have come across many people like this over the years. All mouth. They get very twitchy and aggressive if you challenge them, usually. THey don't like it. Deeply insecure usually, hence the gobbing off.

I bet Fratboy Trump has pissed in a few pint glasses, drunk pints in one with his pants round his ankels and probably set fire to his pubes on a regular occurrence. In fact, that's probably how he welcomes new employees to "Team Trump".

President Fart
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22177
    edited January 2017

Intelligence agencies on the other hand are well known for their sense of humour and familiarity with popular culture references.
    You've never visited GCHQ then. They're still getting their head around I Can Has Cheeseburger. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:

At first Trump came for the women, then the Mexicans, Muslims, and Native Americans.

Then it was Thursday.

(joke shamelessly nicked from twitter)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The start of the Trump Presidency is like opening the doors of an advent calendar and finding that someone's nicked all the chocolates and replaced them with dog shit. 

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    The start of the Trump Presidency is like opening the doors of an advent calendar and finding that someone's nicked all the chocolates and replaced them with dog shit. 
    Just goes to show how appalling the other candidates were that this oaf managed to win the presidency with no prior political experience. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The start of the Trump Presidency is like opening the doors of an advent calendar and finding that someone's nicked all the chocolates and replaced them with dog shit. 

Except that with the Trump presidency there was never any chance you'd be getting chocolate instead of dog shit.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

The start of the Trump Presidency is like opening the doors of an advent calendar and finding that someone's nicked all the chocolates and replaced them with dog shit. 

Except that with the Trump presidency there was never any chance you'd be getting chocolate instead of dog shit.
    Not sure. I bet Trump would have served up that awful sweet, sickly US chocolate that you find in Hershey Bars - after one mouthful you wish you were eating shit as it tastes better.

• Fretwired said:

Not sure. I bet Trump would have served up that awful sweet, sickly US chocolate that you find in Hershey Bars - after one mouthful you wish you were eating shit as it tastes better.
    Dear god. My wife bought me a load of that for Christmas - one mouthful was all I could stand. Fucking horrible stuff.
    <space for hire>
  • Garthy said:
    Just goes to show how appalling the other candidates were that this oaf managed to win the presidency with no prior political experience. 
    No it doesn't show that the other candidates were worse. It represents the belief within many American voters that the politicians needed to be kicked up the arse. That's why the GOP preferred choice in Marco Rubio lost so badly and Ted Cruz, certainly not someone in close company with the establishment, did so much better than Rubio. In Trump you had the ultimate figure, someone out of the Gop inner circle, someone prepared to say the unsayable, and someone with the media profile to pull it off. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72441
    Fretwired said:

Dear god. My wife bought me a load of that for Christmas - one mouthful was all I could stand. Fucking horrible stuff.
    It is literally "sickly" sweet - it contains butyric acid, which is the chemical responsible for the taste of vomit. Seriously.

The yanks apparently like it because Hershey's used to use rancid milk in their chocolate process, which left trace quantities of butyric acid - so it became thought of as the 'taste of chocolate', to the point that the manufacturers started adding it deliberately.

So it actually does taste of sick.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Hey, has anyone noticed his hair is going whiter, just the last few weeks? I've only just noticed.

Maybe the cook's putting something in his pureed baby food.

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Garthy said:
    No it doesn't show that the other candidates were worse. It represents the belief within many American voters that the politicians needed to be kicked up the arse. That's why the GOP preferred choice in Marco Rubio lost so badly and Ted Cruz, certainly not someone in close company with the establishment, did so much better than Rubio. In Trump you had the ultimate figure, someone out of the Gop inner circle, someone prepared to say the unsayable, and someone with the media profile to pull it off. 
    Exactly, the yanks preferred to be lead by a gobby moron than any political candidate the Republicans, Democrats, Tea Party or independents could muster. The political elite took politics and antipathy of the electorate for granted, that voters would accept any old shit with an elephant or a donkey on their headed paper. American elections aren't the work of a moment, the establishment had 15 months to change course but for 12 of those they laughed at Trump then pinned their hopes on Clinton until the very end when the result was declared.

Perhaps the politicians of western nations will now think they had better up their game, it' be worth a 4 year shit storm if that is what it takes to achieve decent politicians globally but I'm sure the arrogant fuckwits will think this is just an anomaly and that the status quo will resume in 2020.