2»

Comments

• I've got Irritable Bypass Syndrome. One week I'm all about buffers, the next true bypass. Never settles down. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited January 2017
    beed84 said:
    I got it bad in my final year at uni in 2015. Mebeverine and Omeprazole seem to settle things down, however, it comes on in waves, sometimes much worse than others. The main culprits for me are cauliflower and broccoli. If I eat either of those, then I suffer from what can only be described as 'Anal Armageddon'. Nasty stuff is IBS.
    best ibs advice i ever got was from the dietician at hosp where i was diagnosed, which was to not eat any raw fruit or vegetables ever, cooked only. steam, boil, whatever. & small portions. no more than half a cup equiv per meal. it's the fibre & enzymes.
    that one seemingly simple tip got me from crippled with it most days to being able to manage it.
    made more difference to me than starting mebeverine even.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Thanks all for sharing your stories. Interesting how different foods affect people. Mine started as lactose intolerance but it's general fat malabsorption now, particularly animal fats
  • ^ pretty much the same here. The latest attempt at using Colofac seems to be staving off the worst of it, which has been quite a relief, I can tell you!
     I had IBS for quite some time before the CFS struck, so the tummy troubles are doubly bad when they hit.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    I can't say I have these problems, I bank with Natwest.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just been to Rome for a few days and following advice from you chaps got some mebeverine which along side my exiting meds got me through the trip without any problems.