Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Drinking too much diet coke

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580

However, diet coke is awful for your teeth - quite acidic. The sweetness and caffeine mean it's quite addictive too - my girlfriend was truly addicted but kicked it when her dentist gave her a filling and told her off. 

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/Boozad_Bat/300px-KennethWilliams.jpg
    Best use of a picture in a thread. Ever. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Dominic said:
    Diet drinks esp Diet Coke use Aspartamine as the sweetener -there is a very strong suspicion that Aspartamine causes /can cause serious neurological disorders such as Parkinsons ,Motor Neurone desease etc .there has been a lot of restriction to reduce Aspartamine in recent years as a result - same goes for artificial diet sweeteners .
     Caffeine is being increasingly heralded as a wonder drug ,cancer fighter ,etc as is Cocoa /chocolate .
     But these views change every couple of years !!!! so who knows
    I am calling huge BS on this.
    Same bracket as MMR and autism

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    You're presumably buying supermarket multipacks (otherwise you'd be spending thousands of £££s a year on the stuff - which is itself a good reason to stop). So STOP BUYING IT! If you don't buy it, you can't drink it. Buy a pack of Nurufen to get you through the first week. After that you'll feel way better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11303
    Having all but given up fizzy pop I was warned off fizzy water by several consultants who were adamant that it is not good for you and can irritate the bladder.

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7876
    I could easily drink three litres of the stuff in a day.  
    Average intake is 1 litre per week. 
    Trying to ween myself off.  Bad habit.  
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    I have a small bottle of coke once every week or so for work if I'm feeling proper hardcore. Maybe a glass with a meal on a Saturday. Don't really drink it that much tbh, used to love the stuff when I was a teenager. I mostly drink sparkling flavoured water nowadays, or lime juice. Water. OJ. Beer and cider at the weekend natch.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    Dominic said:
    Diet drinks esp Diet Coke use Aspartamine as the sweetener -there is a very strong suspicion that Aspartamine causes /can cause serious neurological disorders such as Parkinsons ,Motor Neurone desease etc .there has been a lot of restriction to reduce Aspartamine in recent years as a result - same goes for artificial diet sweeteners .
     Caffeine is being increasingly heralded as a wonder drug ,cancer fighter ,etc as is Cocoa /chocolate .
    I can't remember but it was a TV documentary about 2 years ago
    But ,like I said ,these opinions change every couple of years 
    I'm no scientist/ microbiologist what would I know
  • I'm very fond of this thread.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Snap said:
    Dominic said:
    I am calling huge BS on this.
    Same bracket as MMR and autism

Aspartamine (sic) - read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    I drink far too much Diet Coke. It's always a problem if I travel to Europe as you can't get it there and I miss it :)

I do need to cut down though, so might try to wean myself off via caffeine free diet coke, 

I seem to recall hearing that it was the fizz that was a problem for teeth once. Is that true?
  • Reverend said:
    I drink far too much Diet Coke. It's always a problem if I travel to Europe as you can't get it there and I miss it :)

I do need to cut down though, so might try to wean myself off via caffeine free diet coke, 

I seem to recall hearing that it was the fizz that was a problem for teeth once. Is that true?
    That Coke Life stuff is rotten, wouldn't recommend it.  Coke Zero is nice, but Diet Coke is nicer.

If you want to get off it the only way you can go is fizzy water.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Why would anybody have diet coke when there's Pepsi Max?
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    not really a fan of Pepsi Max, or Pepsi for that matter.  Diet Coke does something to me that makes me feel good.
  • so glad I found this thread, I`m currently trying to wean myself off of pepsi. Its evil stuff but I can't seem to stop drinking it. It's good to see I'm not the only one and as others have said willpower is needed .
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    quarky said:
    This thread is amazing, I had no idea some people drank that much. I drink literally zero fizzy drinks but I do have three coffees and 1/3 slab of chocolate daily. 

Only a third? Come back when you are ready to join the men :)
    Maybe it's a 5 kilo bar?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    edited January 2017
    This is bizarre. I was literally just having the conversation with friends saying I need to cut back. Then this thread appears.

I've started to get headaches after a period of not having Pepsi Max. Once the black gloop has been consumed I feel much better. I must now cut down, I'm 23. 
  • marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    holnrew said:
    hello friend
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    holnrew said:
    Why would anybody have have a nice steak when there's a Rustlers microwave burger that's 1 week past the sell by date ?
    Fixed that for you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited January 2017
    Can't stop!image
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    Can't stop!image
    Careful - you're going to break the internetz 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom