My reply to response under own thread awaiting approval?

Hi - I didn't see the reply I (thought I had) posted yesterday to comments under one of my own threads, and this morning I replied again to notice a message like 'it will be posted after review'.

Could you please check/review and approve just the most recent of the two to avoid duplication?

Cheers in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6402
    Nothing in any queue to approve.  Please supply a link
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • mendelmendel Frets: 24
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6402
    No idea, all looks fine ...... @digitalscream, @ttony, @monquixote ?????
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    How odd.

I quoted four of the recent posts within the same reply. Should I respond to each separately?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27799
    The posts are in the spam queue.

We used to get notifications of items being blocked by the spam filter.  Since the "upgrade", the notifications don't happen, so we don't know that there are posts being blocked, and therefore that we need to look at them.

I have raised it a couple of times before to ask whether there's a fix - just to reinstate the notifications?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Ah, I see. Thank you TTony
    Until we get the bug fixed properly, I've verified your account @mendel, so you shouldn't have the problem again.
  • TTony said:
    Until we get the bug fixed properly, I've verified your account @mendel, so you shouldn't have the problem again.
    It's not a bug - it appears to be deliberately removed functionality in the upstream version of the code.
    <space for hire>
    TTony said:
    It's not a bug - it appears to be deliberately removed functionality in the upstream version of the code.
    That's a bit of a pita then - it means we don't automatically see when a post has been blocked by the spam filter, and only find out if/when the blockee sends us a PM or starts a thread ...
  • TTony said:
    TTony said:
    That's a bit of a pita then - it means we don't automatically see when a post has been blocked by the spam filter, and only find out if/when the blockee sends us a PM or starts a thread ...
    The idea behind it, apparently, is to stop modmins getting loads of spam notifications (which would result from another change they made). Their proposed solution is to periodically check the spam queue...

Putting the functionality back would be non-trivial (and would require us to make the same change every time we update to a new version), so I don't think we have a choice.
    <space for hire>
  • TTony said:
    @TTony could you possibly verify my account? It seems about 50% of my posts won't appear until they get approved, and have just tried to start a thread in the making/modding section but that too needs to be approved.

Thanks
    Done Mr @wackojacko.
  • many thanks sir @TTony ;
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    i just got one in the useless facts thread. & have had a few since i have joined.
    i do appreciate i have a big mouth & write some challenging things sometimes (spesh weekends) so i honestly don't mind if you want to review my posts. but i just thought i would say something in case it was a purely tech thing. thanks mods.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    i have had a few posts over last 24h that vanished with a 'post awaiting approval' thing. and some last week. & i posted one here earlier today to report it is happening & that vanished too. it's mysterious.
    if there is anything i can do my end to solve problem let me know.
    thanks, vale.
    all my posts seem to be vanishing today.
    i just got one in the useless facts thread. & have had a few since i have joined.
    i do appreciate i have a big mouth & write some challenging things sometimes (spesh weekends) so i honestly don't mind if you want to review my posts. but i just thought i would say something in case it was a purely tech thing. thanks mods.
    i have had a few posts over last 24h that vanished with a 'post awaiting approval' thing. and some last week. & i posted one here earlier today to report it is happening & that vanished too. it's mysterious.
    if there is anything i can do my end to solve problem let me know.
    thanks, vale.
    all my posts seem to be vanishing today.