Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best Pedalboard....? As in...the board you put pedals on

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• i agree with @garfy ; :) of course i would! :)
    its whether you can afford it tho eh.

we do a basic board with gig bag or flight case that might be more affordable for you?
    http://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product-category/pedalboards/

or if you want some sort of custom size, let me know. ta chris.
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Wow, never knew people paid hundresd and hundreds of pounds just for something (maybe with a bit of wiring in it) to put their pedals on. Personally I prefer the DIY approach, bespoke/custom as you like and costs peanuts.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Another vote here for the Palmers, the adjustable rungs are a dream and the 50S series are a great size for a practise board that you're gonna carry around a lot. Their soft cases are really well made as well.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    I made my own. Thread here:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/38951/homemade-pedalboard-build#latest

Suits me really well. Pedals have changed a bit since then though
  • Another vote for @CustomPedalBoards. The dual-tier board that Chris made and put together will   outlive me. Seriously, it's an absolutely bombproof item protecting my favourite ever pedals. The build quality and the wiring is a work of art.

OK, it's an indulgence, but it's  all paid for out of gig money, so as far as I'm concerned it's free because I love playing and I love tinkering with stuff and I love playing out. I'm positive I could replace it all with a Helix or an FX-8 and could get identical sounds, for less money and it would be smaller and neater, but putting together a top-notch pedalboard with outstanding build quality is just so much fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    You could look at the Palmer Pedalbay ones as you can adjust the rails.
    The Diago ones seem to have fallen out of favour on here, flat suitcase type ones. 
    Thomman do their own version of the Palmer one, and it's cheaper ;)
    #thebatesmotelband
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited February 2017
    Do them Palmer ones have a shoulder strap? Sounds trivial but that's what I like so much about my Pedaltrain. Makes carrying stuff to and from practice that little bit easier. I wish I didnt get a PT Metro, it's such an inconvenient size - would have fitted more pedals on a nano+. I do love how tidy it all looks though just wish I had 2 pedal heights of space rather than one and a bit!
  • TTBZ said:
    Do them Palmer ones have a shoulder strap? Sounds trivial but that's what I like so much about my Pedaltrain. Makes carrying stuff to and from practice that little bit easier. I wish I didnt get a PT Metro, it's such an inconvenient size - would have fitted more pedals on a nano+. I do love how tidy it all looks though just wish I had 2 pedal heights of space rather than one and a bit!
    Yep, the soft case has a shoulder strap. There's also enough space in the bag and the outside pocket to fit all your leads; I had 3 x 6m signal leads, 1 x 6m 4-way snake, a small Fender guitar stand, mains and speaker leads for my amp and a couple of USB chargers in there along with my board and still had a bit of space.
    <space for hire>
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I think these new pedalboards from Mono (to fit their own cases) look great. Stamped out of a single piece of Alu. I had a similar idea a while ago but just couldn't make it cost effective enough. Nor could Mono by the looks of it, the prices (considering that the £ price will be much the same as the $ price on their website) are pretty eye watering. Nice though, all the same.

http://monocreators.com/pedalboard-medium/

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I've been looking into this extensively over the past month. I think I must have gone through virtually all the available options.

I've now settled on a Custom Pedal Boards. No, it's not cheap, but then equally, it's no more expensive than the cost of one or two higher end pedals.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........