New Dr Z Cure - now with my personal clip!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I would love a maz 38sr again. Big clean sound!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited February 2017
    Yes the Maz 38 is lovely, and very versatile with the Airbrake. I'm genuinely interested in your comparison between the Maz 18 and the Cure though, I definitely prefer smooth to brittle. I also have a Carmen Ghia and although I also like that amp I have been deliberating about changing it for an 18. Trouble is, a Lazy J 20 has possibly entered into the equation too, though I do prefer blackface type amps over tweed Deluxe types. Don't suppose you have any experience of the Lazy j? Mine is limited, and a few years back.

• Never  played a j20 so can't comment. I would travel to peach guitars to try them out?
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    Never  played a j20 so can't comment. I would travel to peach guitars to try them out?
    No worries, the J20 is probably not for me anyway, but I'm planning a trip to Peach shortly.

• agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    edited February 2017
    After looking at small 6v6 based amps for a while now, this has only recently come to my attention. How are you getting on with it, now you've had it for week or two @dean111music ? Your demo also sounds ace!
  • Hey! I love the amp! It's so versitille and great for any venue due to the level control. I have gigged this just once with no overdrive pedals and it gave me everything I needed! Doesn't sound boxy and cuts through th mix. It's really light and doesn't fart out like Princetons do. Dr Z best yet! 
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    Hi guys.

Unfortunately im having too sell my dr z cure 1x12 combo now :( 

These retail at £1299 studio slip cover cost me £160 in the end with fees! The best covers money can buy. Slip over cover with a nice big pocket to make this a truly amazing grab and go amp.

Very light weight! 33lbs/15kg!

1x12 Z speaker made by eminence 

fx loop

Master, Gain, TMB, Unique Level control. Get your sweet spot on the amp and use that in any venue or bedroom and get your tone! I have have the master and gain cranked and the level control up a smidge and play super quiet.

External Speaker out- you can use it like a head as its so small and light. Combo at home and grab and go and use the external speaker for outdoor gigs.

Eq Bypass with level control. You can get a small boost, bigger gain boost or leave it on to drive the amp even harder. 

15watt (although 19watts) Easily loud enough to gig with. Dr Z watts are loud. But again you can get the sweet wherever you are. For a small amp you'll be surprised how much this thing kicks out.

Loads of vids and info on here with a review!..

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5279
    is this still for sale