Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Clock watching while at work

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    I don't really understand what a clock watch is. 

A big bit f time telling jewellery you wear on your wrist.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    I used to cover up the little clock in the corner on a screen in my last few jobs. But I think I genuinely had nothing to do or genuinely hated the job. I do find if I keep myself busy then the time flies.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    A watched clock never boils.

Solid advice there and completely true to boot.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1312
    Not enough hours in the day.
    I don't want to give up any home time, and getting through the to-do list each day is a real challenge.
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited February 2017
    if you hate your job do this.
    add up how many hours a year you spend on the toilet at work.
    convert this to cash at your current rate of pay.
    every time your boss gives you a hard time, imagine them giving you a big pile of cash in notes & you giving them a wheelie bin full of your year's shit in return.
    bon travail.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I had one job where everyone (12 in total) was on the same open plan floor without partitions and so in sight and sound of managers. It was a buying office and as such lots and lots of phone calling for quotes and telexing prices out... The only time to leave your desk was to pee, walk over to the telex operator to place your telex in the queue(!) or one of the 4 cup of Tea's allotted during the day! This was for San Miguel in Regent STreet London - not in a Dickensian East End costings office!

You can imagine that clock got sub-divided all afteroon. I would think "OK - 2.5 hours to go - that's 150 mins / 9000 secs... so, what was I doing 1000 secs ago... well is 9 of that period to endure..."!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    /\ well stop hanging ROUND ON HERE THEN - SAVE THAT FOR LUNCHTIMES AND AT HOME!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I'm soooo lucky, I'm the opposite of a clock watcher. I often just work through lunch and I usually end up leaving 30 to 60 minutes late. I enjoy the work and I have fabulous colleagues in my office. I'm often not that bothered about taking leave!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24846
    edited February 2017
    axisus said:
    I'm soooo lucky, I'm the opposite of a clock watcher. I often just work through lunch and I usually end up leaving 30 to 60 minutes late. I enjoy the work and I have fabulous colleagues in my office. I'm often not that bothered about taking leave!
    I can really relate to this.

I'd love to have a real meaning in my life....
  • axisus said:

That's me when I like my work. 

When I was sick of the hospital, I'd clock watch a 13 hour shift, no matter how busy. I'd feel sick start to finish... 

But recently I've turned up an hour early quite often, genuinely excited to start.