Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Does this technology actually work (on motor cars)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28567
    As the world's greatest driver, I do wonder if there's anyone who thinks they're below average at the art...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The "What's driving us?" course deals with our perception of ourselves as drivers. My attitude was "I've driven 30k+ a year for 20 years so I must be good" - complacency ahoy. There were some proper twats there though who'd been caught texting whilst driving. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited February 2017

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'd like to think being aware of my weak points when I'm driving makes me better than other drivers, but everybody needs to be careful of being complacent. I've slowed down a heck of a lot since I was younger after spending a lot of time as a passenger with drivers who get stressed and rush everywhere and think they're great.
    My V key is broken
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Nevermind esc or esp. Got yourself a front wheel drive car and want to 'drift'?. 

Go to your local macdonalds, take 2 trays, place them under your rear wheels and go nuts. 

As for driver aids, auto braking, lane warning, etc. Well in 9 years of driving in East London, to across most of the Uk, I've always known the most reliable and safe technology in my car is me.

Forward thinking, situational awareness, knowledge of the highway code, safe driving, constant vigilence, never exceeding the speed limit, observation of everything, give way to everything, ensuring my car is roadworthy at all times, knowledge of what to do in the event of anything happening. 

It works. Better than any tech ever will. 
    People have literally aimed for me in the past. But my own safe driving, not reacting to rage, giving way even when I am in the right etc, has led me to have 9 years with not a single point on my license or an accident. 

I'll upload my dashcam footage someday. Theres some shocking driving on there. Mainly Audis, Maseratis, Mercedes', Range Rovers and white vans. All the expensive cars with the expensive gear, driven by shitheads with no common sense or conscience for others safety.. guess thats what money does for em. 

(Maybe I just wish I had it) ha. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24412
    Sporky said:
    As the world's greatest driver, I do wonder if there's anyone who thinks they're below average at the art...
    ..or openly admits to having a small penis @fretmeister.  :-)
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming