Which speaker at the top?

What's Hot
In a vertical 2x12 cab with mixed speakers, would you put the brighter one at the top or the bottom?

Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
JM build | Pedalboard plans
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72414
    Usually the brighter and/or more middy and/or less efficient one at the top and/or the one with more bottom end and/or the more efficient at the bottom - not all those things necessarily coincide. Sometimes it's obvious which way is best, sometimes not so much.

Or put the one you want to hear most at the top and the one that's there more to fill out the sound at the bottom.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Having recently had a vertical 2x12 built by Zilla, I went with WGS ET-65 at the top and Reaper HP at the bottom.

It's only had one outing so far - which was also the first time I used my Victory V40 - so this is far from a scientific study.  But I'm happy with the result - I was able to easily cut through the band, with a good solid low end when required.  Based on that session I decided to tweak my pedal order (full report forthcoming), but overall I feel i got the drivers the right way around.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom