Drunken ebay RYRA Klone - UPDATE - noisy and horrible?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    dindude said:
    Doesn't sound right, maybe it's a counterfeit of a Klone!

Sadly, this is possible. 
    Really? I have had the back off and it looks pretty identical to pics online...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    I know this may come as a shock to many people, but there's a chance that he just doesn't like it...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    juansolo said:
    I know this may come as a shock to many people, but there's a chance that he just doesn't like it...
    Well, you're half right.

I really like the clean boost thing. What I don't like is the noise and the gain sounds. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've noticed both the klones I've had have been relatively noisy (a Frederik Effects Golden Eagle and a Tumnus). Not unusably so, but definitely noticeable. 

R. 
  • I've noticed both the klones I've had have been relatively noisy (a Frederik Effects Golden Eagle and a Tumnus). Not unusably so, but definitely noticeable. 

R. 
    Are klones generally charged pumped? A couple of pedla sI've had with charge pumps have not played nicely with some of my gear at all.

R. 
    Are klones generally charged pumped? A couple of pedla sI've had with charge pumps have not played nicely with some of my gear at all.
    That's a very good point - I'm not sure.

R.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader
    Buffer, two pedals having a bunfight? Is it noisy on its own, no chain only that going to the amp? Had some odd noises from one pedal when a Ph1r was ln my board (not digi/analogue mix and shared power etc)
  • Are you running it after the OCD?
  • I'm not a massive fan of Klon(e)s with big chords or stacked with other drives. It seems to take out a lot of bottom end and almost sounds like a notch filter when stacked with other drives. I do like it for single note stuff so keep it around for that reason and the excellent buffer
    Are you running it after the OCD?
    No - before.

After a lot of experimenting, it is noisy in all positions and introduces a noticeable fuzz with the OCD too. 

@Teetonetal @robinbowes I think that most clones are indeed 'charge pumped' and the Fredric effects blurb specifically refers to its clones retaining the charge pump.

I'm going to try and get my money back!
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Klones are all charge pumped unless they specifically say otherwise as at that point it's not really a clone.

The problem with the pump can be heterodyning with Strymon effects mainly. Which can be overcome by using a different charge pump.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I'm not a massive fan of Klon(e)s with big chords or stacked with other drives. It seems to take out a lot of bottom end and almost sounds like a notch filter when stacked with other drives. I do like it for single note stuff so keep it around for that reason and the excellent buffer
    The exact reason why a regular Kline has never worked for me but the Bondi Sick As remains my fav low gainer. You can dial in bottom end and you can add more compression on a switch too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom