Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Kersplosions, flaming hellfire zombies and guns. What's not to like? :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    The odd numbered series have always been the best so far, so let's hope it continues that way!

That episode was nothing short of incredible.
  • Yep,  well worth the wait for that one.  However Im puzzled as to why the butchered corpses didn't turn.  Whilst they where in the slaughter room, there was a body on a table, head still intact, that at no stage zombied-up, yet in earlier series those who have died have turned quite quickly.    

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9646
    Good point, but I think it could possibly be explained by the fact they were properly butchered and were drained of blood immediately.
  • i'VE MISSED THE NEW SEASON...(Damn caps lock!)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Myranda;378929" said:
    I have finally gotten around to watching Walking Cliché... Clichéd Dead.... Walking Dead.

First off the writing is average at best... the characters are often contrived and forced... there's some god-awful CGI in it... and enough hype to fill a Hype-balloon and send it to space.

But they're planning on at LEAST 12 seasons... drawing out any and all plot points so far that they get tired and old before they start.

Not totally impressed.
    I doubt it will ever go to 12 series somehow. Lost was supposed to be something like that and ended at 6. The ratings figures will have either dropped if the quality isn't kept up or the main actors will bail.
    Having said that I'll be sorry to see it go at any point, I think it's a very good program.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    thumpingrug;379398" said:
    Yep,  well worth the wait for that one.  However Im puzzled as to why the butchered corpses didn't turn.  Whilst they where in the slaughter room, there was a body on a table, head still intact, that at no stage zombied-up, yet in earlier series those who have died have turned quite quickly.    
    smack to the head with baseball bat before being bled so they wouldn't turn according to the rules of the show.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Yep,  well worth the wait for that one.  However Im puzzled as to why the butchered corpses didn't turn.  Whilst they where in the slaughter room, there was a body on a table, head still intact, that at no stage zombied-up, yet in earlier series those who have died have turned quite quickly.    

as they were leaving they went to de zombify it but then Rick said let it turn, or something similar IIRC. Although at no point does anyone ever use the word Zombie, that's surely the elephant in the room ( that and who is grooming Darrell's hair). It is pretty much a soap opera with corpses so I don't see why it couldn't make it to 12 series.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    boogieman said:
    Myranda;378929" said:
    I have finally gotten around to watching Walking Cliché... Clichéd Dead.... Walking Dead.

First off the writing is average at best... the characters are often contrived and forced... there's some god-awful CGI in it... and enough hype to fill a Hype-balloon and send it to space.

But they're planning on at LEAST 12 seasons... drawing out any and all plot points so far that they get tired and old before they start.

Not totally impressed.
    I doubt it will ever go to 12 series somehow. Lost was supposed to be something like that and ended at 6. The ratings figures will have either dropped if the quality isn't kept up or the main actors will bail.
    Having said that I'll be sorry to see it go at any point, I think it's a very good program.
    According to Wiki the viewing figures have increased every season so far... 
  • Best program on bar none!!
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1210
    edited October 2014
    A cracking start to the new season. Zombies on fire, F*ck Yeah! I did think that the Terminus crowd were defeated a little swiftly given that most of the last season was spent leading the gang there. The leader got shot but is he dead? If not then he will probably be back with a fresh set of carving knives later on. Did anyone notice that the short haired lady (name escapes me) that saved them all went from being a blood smeared mess to clean as a whistle when she was reunited with Darrell. She's a crack shot with a firework from several hundred yards too.
    :-O
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I don't think the terminus lot are finished, the young guy, the ring leader, Rick only shot him in the shoulder, and he promissed to kill him with a machete, and Rick is a man of his word :D
    Carol cleaned up quickly. In some ways the WD is very much about Carol and her journey from being a minor character who was a victim of domestic abuse, to the loss of her daughter and to her becoming a strong lead character and the rescuer of other people ( via a couple of murders). There you go, the lesser appreciated feminist subtext. :bz
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry, just doing some reading around for 5 minutes. Some feminist criticism of the early series with women in victim roles, so interesting that the writers have changed this more over time. The bigger criticism seems to be for a programme originally based around Atlanta, a city with a 60% black population, that this is a series about the struggles of white people with black characters in minor roles. Although in the US they have an increase in black interest channels and very specific targeting of audiences on digital channels. I suspect AMC/ Fox is targeted at a white middle America who don't watch shows with lead non white characters.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27096
    To be fair, the "random black guy dies" trope is largely because they didn't bring Tyreese until much later than the comics do, so all the other black guys were "interim tyreese" if you will, and basically destined to die. Not defending the choice, but that's how they got there.

In any case, this last one was the best episode in ages, after an excellent S4 as a whole, so I'm happy :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1108
    Cracking start to the new season! Totally epic!

Looks like Tyreese is back in the game - I wonder if he still has his hammer?

I didn't realise that it was Denise Crosby who played Mary! (the one in the fight with Carol)

I can't make my mind up on mullet dude (Eugene) - is he bullshitting about the cure or not?

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27096
    wibble said:

I didn't realise that it was Denise Crosby who played Mary! (the one in the fight with Carol)

Holy fuck!!

And Gotham's Oswald Cobblepot was the first to get the ol' bat to the head...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Loved it! I cannot wait for the next episode! We are definitely in for more of the terminus lot, the last few mins gave us a bit of an insite into what they had been through in the past, I can see them either being they next nemesis or alies..
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Highest ever US viewing figures for a cable show beating even, gasp, Monday Night Football! 17M viewers.

I reckon there's a fair chance this could run and run...
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    wibble said:

Holy fuck!!

And Gotham's Oswald Cobblepot was the first to get the ol' bat to the head...
    Feckin KNEW it was him!