Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot
1676869707173»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    It IS hard work, but I am going to see it through ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • When it’s done, I might rewatch the first couple of seasons just to remind myself that it used to be good. 

That being said, there has been the odd highlight.

The scene before the group is caught by Negan, where they’re in the camper and they keep encountering road blocks - the impending sense of dread and inevitability. 

Heads on pikes. 

“Look at the flowers”

Er, I’m struggling to think of any others. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I had given up in season 9 when Rick left but I’ve been playing the episodes thereafter on Disney and am caught up with what they have. 
    I have it on and sort of follow along and see what grips me. Which is not a huge amount. There are a couple of interesting arcs but it plods so slowly it’s hard to be patient to  find out what happens. 
    Anyway, I can have a rest from it for a bit now! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • It’s now in the realms of trash TV but more enjoyable these days since Angela Kang seems to have moved it away from a non chronological narrative, ditched the overuse of cold opens and reduced the number of cliff hangers.

The story lines are preposterous, but I can live with that since every week they work so hard to find a new way to kill a zombie. Sort of like zombie kill of the week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It lurches between between a sort of gritty neo realistic style exploring the human experience and quite cartoonish elements. As if it is constantly hedging it’s bets about audience expectations. I may be wrong but my memory says it all started in a less cartoonish way. 
    It does portray the post apocalyptic world as surprisingly  politically correct. There are no questions raised about same sex or mixed race relationships and strong women (up and about swatting walkers within hours of childbirth) are the norm. Nobody even swears very much let alone uses discriminatory language. It’s not a problem but it seem a strange evolution of society that everyone is capable of horrendous violence ( and abandoning babies for no good reason) but has also become polite and politically correct. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    I can’t be bothered to sign up to Disney to watch it. Is it tying up all the loose ends? Any news on Rick or Michonne? More importantly, have Carol and Daryl got it on yet? 
    edited October 2021
    boogieman said:
    I can’t be bothered to sign up to Disney to watch it. Is it tying up all the loose ends? Any news on Rick or Michonne? More importantly, have Carol and Daryl got it on yet? 
    My son’s girlfriend pays for Disney so we use her account. There wasn’t much on there to begin with so to be fair it’s gotten better. I’m binge watching stuff now in case they break up. 
    No, very little tied up. I think we are up to season 11, episode 8 so still a way to go. 
    Daryl was getting a bit romantic with someone and then we meet his ex. But not got it on with Carol. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18779
    Fuck, just how does one kill this necro thread?
    I was going to give Dead City (the Daryl spin off) a go but doesn't seem to have been shown on any UK network. 

Rabs said:
    I guess if it turns up somewhere I'll have a look. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3000
    They should of nuked the show from orbit after Rick and his crew saved Alexandria.  It tanked faster than the Titanic after that, when they started introducing the Wolfs gang and that Negan story line, so basically end the series at the end of season 5.
  • Rabs said:

I'm somewhat of a completist, so I'm in.

Plus, I like zombie shizz, so why not? Watched all of the others, some bad episodes, some good.

I have also watched all of the Star Wars spin-offs, and will continue to do so...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3000
    Rabs said:

I'm somewhat of a completist, so I'm in.

Plus, I like zombie shizz, so why not? Watched all of the others, some bad episodes, some good.

I have also watched all of the Star Wars spin-offs, and will continue to do so...

I'm the same as you, we'll watch it just to complete the story, though I don't have any hopes of it being any good, rather I expect it to be a lot like the spin off set in Europe with the hill billy Daryl.