Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Fretboard banner

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Is the Guitar Show banner on the right hand side "advertising".  I thought we didn't do that sort of thing,  If we are now doing it are we being paid the big bucks I occasionally hear about.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22939
    vale said:
    I like that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    DiscoStu said:
    Here's my idea. Cleaner, bigger.

http://i.imgur.com/G7PACAM.jpg

As a strictly mobile user I don't see the offending logo when I use the forum. 

But having switched to the desktop version to understand this thread I strongly agree with the suggestion above made by @discostu ;

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree with @DiscoStu entirely. 

I'd also add it would be lovely if the blue colour in the mobile site could match the blue colour used on the desktop site. Is that an option?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16716
    Is the Guitar Show banner on the right hand side "advertising".  I thought we didn't do that sort of thing,  If we are now doing it are we being paid the big bucks I occasionally hear about.

If so, it does seem to be well implemented.  It's non intrusive and totally relevant.    I could cope with ads like that

• WezV said:
    Is the Guitar Show banner on the right hand side "advertising".  I thought we didn't do that sort of thing,  If we are now doing it are we being paid the big bucks I occasionally hear about.

If so, it does seem to be well implemented.  It's non intrusive and totally relevant.    I could cope with ads like that

Right now, we have no bloody idea. The new header layout does provide us with some extra space, and we'll have to think about how to fill it.
    <space for hire>
  • Is the Guitar Show banner on the right hand side "advertising".  I thought we didn't do that sort of thing,  If we are now doing it are we being paid the big bucks I occasionally hear about.
    The banner, as I see it, is a positive about us being there ( and it hardly needs advertising on a forum where thousands of words have already been given or to the subject) and the arrangements with Jason are about mutual benefit; I'm pretty sure if you made this a cash deal TheFB would be considerably out of pocket. 

That the UK's premier guitar forum has a working relationship with the UK's largest guitar show seems a positive thing ( and as it isn't a cash thing I can't see that it affects the independent status of the forum). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    The banner, as I see it, is a positive about us being there ( and it hardly needs advertising on a forum where thousands of words have already been given or to the subject) and the arrangements with Jason are about mutual benefit; I'm pretty sure if you made this a cash deal TheFB would be considerably out of pocket. 

That the UK's premier guitar forum has a working relationship with the UK's largest guitar show seems a positive thing ( and as it isn't a cash thing I can't see that it affects the independent status of the forum). 
    As it is, the Guitar Show plug at the top was a last-minute decision on our part. We'd planned to change the branding right before the show (tonight, in fact) to match the stand materials, but then it occurred to us we could try to give the show a bit of a boost by putting a banner link up there; it wouldn't make sense to do that the night before the show, though, so we figured we'd do it a few days early (since we had a design we were happy with). Jason didn't ask us for it, we just asked him what he thought (obviously a "yes") and we did it in the spirit of continuing the good relationship we have with him and the show.

It's worth noting that it's also visible for people who aren't logged in, who might not be involved enough in the forum to know that the show's going on.

As to what we put up there...there are a number of vague ideas floating around. Ideas gratefully received, as long as they're given on the understanding that we may or may not agree that they're good ideas ;)
    <space for hire>

As it is, the Guitar Show plug at the top was a last-minute decision on our part. We'd planned to change the branding right before the show (tonight, in fact) to match the stand materials, but then it occurred to us we could try to give the show a bit of a boost by putting a banner link up there; it wouldn't make sense to do that the night before the show, though, so we figured we'd do it a few days early (since we had a design we were happy with). Jason didn't ask us for it, we just asked him what he thought (obviously a "yes") and we did it in the spirit of continuing the good relationship we have with him and the show.

It's worth noting that it's also visible for people who aren't logged in, who might not be involved enough in the forum to know that the show's going on.

As to what we put up there...there are a number of vague ideas floating around. Ideas gratefully received, as long as they're given on the understanding that we may or may not agree that they're good ideas ;)
    That all very cool with me.  Cheers for the explanation.  Hope the show is a great one.

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Looks much better @digitalscream - top work :)