Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Show purchases ?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    And aren't I the lucky one - purchased from Feline Guitars, for myself so not for sale in the shop - The LP style DC Junior at £1799 - Awesome and maybe the best guitar at the show - and one or to others echo'd that opinion - Thanks to J at Feline for that
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27525
    A man with a shop full of high-end brand name guitars ... 

... chooses to buy a Feline for himself.

@FelineGuitars - get your marketing department to work with that!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    TTony said:
    A man with a shop full of high-end brand name guitars ... 

... chooses to buy a Feline for himself.

@FelineGuitars - get your marketing department to work with that!
    Not only does he make smashing guitars but he's a swell chap to spend an evening in the pub with...!

Don't you just hate some people! ;)
  • That blue masterbuilt Tele on your stand @guitars4you was the only guitar I could see myself with - I was looking at your Feline Junior while talking to @Handsome_Chris ... very nice indeed.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

tFB Trader
    That blue masterbuilt Tele on your stand @guitars4you was the only guitar I could see myself with - I was looking at your Feline Junior while talking to @Handsome_Chris ... very nice indeed.
    I could see you with that as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - hope you had a good day
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    That blue masterbuilt Tele on your stand @guitars4you was the only guitar I could see myself with - I was looking at your Feline Junior while talking to @Handsome_Chris ... very nice indeed.
    I saw a lot of ogling of the goods on the Feline stand.. but not of @Handsome_Chris ;
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    edited February 2017 tFB Trader

A cool guitar based tshirt  £10and 4 sets of EB hybrid strings for £15.  :)  Was a great show, had a blast....

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r588/Rabs2010/2008 standard/DSC_2064_zps8mi52izt.jpg

tFB Trader
    And aren't I the lucky one - purchased from Feline Guitars, for myself so not for sale in the shop - The LP style DC Junior at £1799 - Awesome and maybe the best guitar at the show - and one or to others echo'd that opinion - Thanks to J at Feline for that
    Back at work now and tried it through my amp - bloomin' 'eck - this is one good piece of kit - hard to believe how much expression comes from one pick-up and 2 controls - will fully interface with me and the amp - subtle tweaks are so effective on the 2 pots - slick action - growls like hell, but can be tamed - Boy Feline have nailed this - I know a few guys saw and tried it at the show - Glad its mine
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The @FelineGuitars  Lion was the best electric guitar  I have ever played. Bar none. It's what a Les Paul should be like. I'm not a sentimental bloke but I've been daydreaming about when I played it at the show.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    I had a chat with Feline, but living in London I figure I'd be better off going to see him and trying them out without all the background noise.

Those Turnstone acoustics were lovely.

The PJ Eggle guitars were stunning too.

No major purchases but I did buy a few smaller things.

Bought one of these from Heistercamp to go with my White Falcon:

Bought another Diamond Slide.

Took advantage of the @guitars4you string deal.

Subscribed to G&B to get the little Blackstar thing.  That's a cool little piece of kit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Unsurprisingly, there was very little there for me, although it was a really good day. :)

The only things which buttered my parsnips were:

*'70's Sunburst Antoria LP Custom on the PMT stand.

*Bargain-priced Yamaha SG1820A at the same place - £629.

*Neck-repaired White early '70's John Birch SG on the Little Guitar Shop stand (a bit OTT at £900 though).

Errr...that's it. Finding myself fiscally embarrassed until payday, none of the above came home with me. :(

Total money spent was the entrance fee, a rather nice chicken balti and a coffee.

That white sg was there 2 yeas ago... The price is a bit mental but it's a lovely guitar. 
  • And aren't I the lucky one - purchased from Feline Guitars, for myself so not for sale in the shop - The LP style DC Junior at £1799 - Awesome and maybe the best guitar at the show - and one or to others echo'd that opinion - Thanks to J at Feline for that
    Nice purchase Mark. @CasperCaster and I were ogling that beauty.
  • Well done Mark @guitars4you - as @CountryDave said, we both wanted to take that guitar home. Unfortunately my budget only ran to lamb curry with rice and a samosa! 
    tFB Trader
    Well done Mark @guitars4you - as @CountryDave said, we both wanted to take that guitar home. Unfortunately my budget only ran to lamb curry with rice and a samosa! 
    but a bloomin good samosa you have to admit
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The @FelineGuitars  Lion was the best electric guitar  I have ever played. Bar none. It's what a Les Paul should be like. I'm not a sentimental bloke but I've been daydreaming about when I played it at the show.

agree and the first unplugged session I had with it at the show had me hooked on the feel and playability - even the acoustic resonance (this was Friday night during set up so no noise) had strong merits - I've been semi-interested in a DC LP Special for ages from around the 59 era - Found a good players example once that I regret I declined, but other than that I've struggled to find one that makes me say yes - I'd be better with a players grade vintage model as if I changed anything I know I'd be not destroying any vintage integrity - Yet all the vintage ones I've played might sound nice, have great mojo, but to hard work to play for me - This Feline nailed so much of what I wanted - and sounds, feels bloomin' awesome - I hope he builds more so others can join the club - I think he has only built 4 or so so far
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I was on the PRS stand and sold a guitar to a very nice guy and got a free t-shirt (for a £2k guitar, cheapskates! Haha). 

I also bought a Pedaltrain Metro, a few patch cables and of course the almighty curry! VERY nearly bought a Sterling Cutlass in fiesta red for £399, probably could and should have haggled lower for that one! 
  • Some Ernie Ball straplocks. I'd given up trying to find these as I'd been told they were "discontinued". Now all my guitars have them so the straps are interchangeable.
    Also bought an MXR analogue chorus and Blackstar Boost pedal.....and some more leads.

Was pleasantly surprised that there were actually some left handed guitars there, but none which took my fancy enough.

Picked up the heaviest Strat I've ever met (right handed) !!

Had a great day out on the Saturday. We took a break for a couple of hours mid day and got some food and coffee from the cafes in the Jewellery quarter just a few minutes walk away. Refreshed the ears too.

Was much busier than my previous visit. Maybe getting towards an NEC sized event for the future ??