Chappers Kemper Vid

What's Hot
gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
I was just watching this again. Hilarious.  =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ_H5PiuTE
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    No? Oh well, just me then :)

OR maybe it's been done to death.

The Part 2 one is good too...I love it when Lee manages more or less at random to pick the valve amp, having failed the previous 3 times and immediately starts to make out that he was able to pick out all these telltale signs which clearly showed the Kemper was digital. Such bullshit. :) Comedy gold.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Honestly - I used to watch these, and Chappers was really my introduction a few years ago to guitar on Youtube.

But these are past their sell-by date, and I think there's a reason why they're not on the Andertons channel anymore.

The recent one comparing a 7k Les Paul to a £200 one was just a complete joke, with them both trying to keep everyone happy 'there are no bad guitars anymore, this cheap one is great' and 'this 7k guitar is as good as any Les Paul, and it's only a few people like Bonamassa claiming old wood is better'.

The fact is there are great £100-200 guitars, but they are not comparable to something costing £1-2000, let alone 7k. And don't get me started on the merits of 7k on a new Gibson vs what that will get you in the vintage market.

Once a shop like Andertons, or it's representatives, wander off the gear demo thread - it's near impossible for them to be credible, since at the end of the day, they have a supplier relationship and need to sell stuff!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Yeah...seen it's, very good ! ...I posted it elsewhere to give @wazza some confidence !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Interesting results bearing in mind the use of the same cab.  I find so many modelling type amps - Line 6, Katana etc etc - have rubbish cabinets and speakers then people think it's the digital bit causing the crap sound.  Swap your Spider internals into a birch cab with a Greenback and it might open up a whole new world.

........I did say 'might'
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    edited March 2017

The Part 2 one is good too...I love it when Lee manages more or less at random to pick the valve amp, having failed the previous 3 times and immediately starts to make out that he was able to pick out all these telltale signs which clearly showed the Kemper was digital. Such bullshit. Comedy gold.
    I believe they have just moved to a new video room, Lee and Chappers egos wouldn't fit in the old one any more.. ;)

TBF though - we all watch their videos and take it all in, youtube is hog heaven for guitarists.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    uncledick said:
    Interesting results bearing in mind the use of the same cab.  I find so many modelling type amps - Line 6, Katana etc etc - have rubbish cabinets and speakers then people think it's the digital bit causing the crap sound.  Swap your Spider internals into a birch cab with a Greenback and it might open up a whole new world.

........I did say 'might'

No might about it - I installed a speaker out on a Line 6 Spider 15 watt jobbie. Running through a decent 4x12 this thing was a monster.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26638
    peteri said:

But these are past their sell-by date, and I think there's a reason why they're not on the Andertons channel anymore.

To my knowledge, they've always been on Rob's channel, because he has a lot more subscribers. They used to re-post them to the Andertons channel (heavily-edited shorter versions, mostly), but they stopped that in favour of expanding the number of "shows" they do because it's more cost-effective.

Anyway...be careful where this thread goes, guys - standard warning. Keep it on-topic and no personal jabs, please.
    <space for hire>
  • TimberGTimberG Frets: 50
    Your right these videos have always been on Chappers Chanel. 527,000 subscribers and he currently in the top ten Youtube earners in the world....so they must be doing something right.

I personally like there videos albeit some are a bit far fetched
  • I was expecting worse results from the Kemper, taking into regard all the comments I hear about them sounding best through a FR speaker. Its not helping my want for a Kemper or Helix!
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Top 10 youtube earners in the world, seriously??
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    peteri said:

To my knowledge, they've always been on Rob's channel, because he has a lot more subscribers. They used to re-post them to the Andertons channel (heavily-edited shorter versions, mostly), but they stopped that in favour of expanding the number of "shows" they do because it's more cost-effective.

Anyway...be careful where this thread goes, guys - standard warning. Keep it on-topic and no personal jabs, please.
    @digitalscream ;We can insult you as much as we like....
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nowhere near top 10 earners or top 10 anything. Likely doing okay from it though.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4187
    My only gripe with those videos is that seem exclusively aimed at overdrive and squealy attempted shredding. Amps and modelling really deserve a better display of the tonal spectrum, warm cleans, glassy shimmers and that, just on the edge of break up when you dig in a little. Fair play to them for attempting something informative but a little variety wouldn't go amiss 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    sweepy said:
    My only gripe with those videos is that seem exclusively aimed at overdrive and squealy attempted shredding. Amps and modelling really deserve a better display of the tonal spectrum, warm cleans, glassy shimmers and that, just on the edge of break up when you dig in a little. Fair play to them for attempting something informative but a little variety wouldn't go amiss 
    To be fair, that's their target audience, the Mick and Pete stuff or Rabea and Pete are a bit more comprehensive. 
  • Well said, @sweepy ;
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    IMHO, Pete's playing is the best of all of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Funnily enough he's the one who's spent time as a session player and touring guitarist to some pretty huge acts. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Funnily enough he's the one who's spent time as a session player and touring guitarist to some pretty huge acts. 
    Yes it shows as well.  No offense to Rabea and Chappers of course. :)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    https://bobblepic.com/images/2017/03/06/IMG_0143.jpg

Somebody else might understand this this better than I can but I think it means he is making a reasonable income from YouTube. Obviously there's the other stuff he does as well. 

I haven't watched the Kemper videos - kind of thing that seems a bit pointless on YouTube. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hmmm between 8.5 and 113k...... it's a bit of a spread.