Chappers Kemper Vid

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11600
    tFB Trader
    I quite like many of the videos but I wish they would tame the zany special effects a bit as they get a bit tiresome , like the breaking china sound every time Lee puts his cup down.

Chappers did get featured in Forbes magazine and he has had the highest daily comments on a vid for music video category a couple of times which Youtube made a big fuss about, so I guess it must work for him.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    I quite like many of the videos but I wish they would tame the zany special effects a bit as they get a bit tiresome , like the breaking china sound every time Lee puts his cup down.

Chappers did get featured in Forbes magazine and he has had the highest daily comments on a vid for music video category a couple of times which Youtube made a big fuss about, so I guess it must work for him.
    That's just his style. Works for him. He talks about it in a video about videos. 

I quite like the chappers stuff. Doesn't get all serious and bogged down with tone chasing and all that bullshit. 

Though I have to say I have massively gone off all these youtube channels. It's kind of all been done to death. Been a couple of months sInce I watched one. Just overkill now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    edited March 2017 tFB Trader
    After these videos were published, I sat back and read the comments. From both this forum and another one I'm active on. It was interesting to see that within a few days guitarists were posting ads on Facebook "wtb kemper....". All of a sudden people were flogging loads of gear to fund this (apparent) new trend because Rob gave it the thumbs up. Rob and Lee are nice guys and I don't think they should have to apologise for trying to sell anything they put in a video. Lee owns a music shop, Rob is a gear demonstrator and they co own Chapman Guitars. When you watch them it's not because you necessarily want to learn something that's going to knock your socks off. You're there to listen to the product/s along with some Wayne's World style banter. If you don't like it there is an off button.

Tbh I watched about 2-3 mins of each video but as per usual regarding digital gear I was left feeling meh. It's not my cup of tea at all. And I know that they probably didn't show off all that it can do but never the less it usually underwhelms me somewhat. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom