Brighton

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• kinkin Frets: 1015
    I'm happy, i've just seen the  alleyway  where the kneetrembler scene from Quadrophenia was shot is on google maps, that was quite an erm.... inspirational scene for me as a teenager.

Thanks for the offer of recommendations  @Gassage , i do enjoy a sauna, are the ones you know quite welcoming and friendly?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kin said:

Thanks for the offer of recommendations  @Gassage , i do enjoy a sauna, are the ones you know quite welcoming and friendly?
    I guess everyone likes a happy ending! ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    Park out of town, get the bus in. parking is expensive!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    edited March 2017
    I always park up above the north laines near the college(?), fiver a day I think but you have to pay with coins at the entry barrier so be prepared. It'll literally chuck you out at the top of the laines, so it's a great start and finish point anyway.

EDIT: Google maps says it's Whitecross Street - it's the big obvious open-air car park, not the multi-storey across the road!
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Dominic said:
    Hmm. Casa Don Carlos didn't even know what a Cafe Con Hielo was when I went there some years ago with my mujer. S'okay for Brighton types though I s'pose. ;)
    Comprensible ..  O ,.Cafe Con Cubitos ,non ?
    Hmm, maybe in Mexico. I may kick the cubo, but I don't want it in my coffee!
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited March 2017

ESBlonde said:
    Park out of town, get the bus in. parking is expensive!

Wis. I could sort out a spot in Zone J (near the Level, 15-20 mins walk from town, more-or-less on the way from the North, probably takes just as long to drive to town on a Saturday) for £4 a day but the handover of the vouchers could be awkward depending on timings.

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6712
    Jimmy Somerville. It's a great town to wander around, particularly North Laine (as mentioned above). The South Lanes are full of cute independent shops too, jewellers, cafes, Chokkywokkydoodah, head shops, general good crap for browsing etc. 

North Laine has all the funky vintage clothes shops, hipster bliss, pubs aplenty, GAK of course, plus a couple of other independent banjo shops including Mudpie Music (pricey but fun) and Brighton Guitars. 

I've lived here for almost 18 years so it can't be that bad...
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Cheers for the tips on parking, the hotel has reserved spots in the car park underneath it, twenty quid a day, so a bit steep  to say the least, but considering i'm going to be driving for around five hours to get there, the convenience is probably going to be worth it.