What's Hot

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Amazing emp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5539
    edited March 2017
    Emp_Fab said:
    This is by far the best intro to a movie...

https://goo.gl/zcvX3s

What happened to Emperor Fabulous's trusty droid LAM-N8? That's a saga in itself.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24472
    Sporky said:
    Yep. I can't help wondering what new and more inventive way they'll find to fuck it up, which makes me sad in itself.
    It'll be a crossover/mashup with The Black Hole.
    The Black Hole was the first film I ever saw at the cinema.

I loved it, but it has not aged well.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16742
    I'm excited.   I won't pretend prometheus was good, but i enjoyed it more than most -  enough to be glad its not being ignored.

It looks like a mashup of prometheus and the original alien.  That works for me
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7524
    From what I've read (and I'd btw caution against reading around too actively - I accidentally learned one thing that if it proves to be true will be pretty spolier-y for this film) Scott has said that it will take a further couple of films to link all the way up to 'Alien' and that there are plot elements in this one that were always part of the long term planning when they made Prometheus   
    Red ones are better. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    Oy vey my boy, Alien, shmalien ... Never mind the the quality, feel the width.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    yeah, I can see that. I don't think its that much of a spoiler since this cast is being sold as early space  pioneers.  Not like LV426 in Aliens, where terraforming planets seems to be established as big business.

I kinda hope Ridley gets to tell the Prometheus story even if he has to do a bit more fan service to get there. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7524
    WezV said:
    yeah, I can see that. I don't think its that much of a spoiler since this cast is being sold as early space  pioneers.  Not like LV426 in Aliens, where terraforming planets seems to be established as big business.

I kinda hope Ridley gets to tell the Prometheus story even if he has to do a bit more fan service to get there. 
    There are Covenant spoilers out there is what I mean
    Red ones are better. 
    I'm not going to look too hard just yet
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24472
    I might have to go to the cinema for this one.

For about the last 10 years my cinema trips have been limited to what the kids want to see, but this needs a trip.

i shall stay away from the spoilers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    Looks like all the other Alien films.  Needs something new, Prometheus tried that with a new alien species and this certainly needs something new.  Will not be bothering with this film I'm afraid!

However I have a great suggestion, since the Alien needs a host, why don't they stop visiting these places and therefore supplying them with hosts?  Its not as if they have space travel or any other means to chase humanity.  Would be great to see an Alien in old age with a walking stick cashing in the pension at the postoffice.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    edited March 2017
    mellowsun said:
    Bound to be utter garbage. Usual space trucker characters, and you can tell from this trailer who is going to die and in which order

Care to make your predictions public? Money where your mouth is?

The cast list is on IMDB, so you can be specific.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28549
    They should work out how to integrate it with the Star Wars world so they can have Aliens vs Ewoks.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    Sporky said:
    They should work out how to integrate it with the Star Wars world so they can have Aliens vs Ewoks.

I can't wait to see Xenomorph heads getting squished between two tree trunks.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The film is different apparently ... the two characters who escaped at the end of Prometheus are in it ... there's a new Alien film about to start production and then one more in the Prometheus timeline.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    I was also thinking it'd brighten up the likes of Caravan Of Courage, seeing the Aliens tearing the wadding out of the Ewoks and slaughtering the puppeteers and so on.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    goldtop said:
    eSully said:
    goldtop said:
    Hmm... looks like the studio saw how successful The Force Awakens was for Star Wars and decided it was best to do a  thinly veiled remake of the original Alien movie?
    TBH, I can live with that as long as it's an enjoyable movie
    Trouble is that Alien worked so well because we didn't see 'it' for so long and that kept the tension high. But they can't do that again.

What will they use as the finale's plot complication: a cat, a little girl, maybe an ickle baby engineer?
    Which is precisely why Aliens worked so well, one alien you never see scary? How about a thousand chasing you!!! 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Sporky said:
    I was also thinking it'd brighten up the likes of Caravan Of Courage, seeing the Aliens tearing the wadding out of the Ewoks and slaughtering the puppeteers and so on.
    WhT??! They is puppets?!
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • The problem with Prometheus was it was supposed to be a prequel until Fox wanted it to veer away from the Alien franchise. Enter Lindelhoff (sp) to try and tweak a script that's clearly an Alien prequel into something different. The result was so disjointed it disappointed many viewers and now the sequel to the film that's not really a prequel is supposed to be more of a prequel to the original films than the prequel that's not a prequel but is a sort of prequel. 

The John Spaihts script would have been a much better film imo. 

Cant wait for this one though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Which is precisely why Aliens worked so well, one alien you never see scary? How about a thousand chasing you!!! 
    I thought there were only three Aliens in Aliens. At any one time, at least. Plus the queen.

Sporky said:
    WhT??! They is puppets?!
    I was employing artistic license.