Mid Life career change advice

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    axisus said:
    Are you a manager type? I've managed people and I hate it. I'm much better as the ultra reliable No.2 who makes everything happen (for less money!)
    Well, that's the thing, I simply don't know unless I try. People around me seem to think I could do it and they all have more experience at it than me but it will mean pretty big changes for me. 

intertestingly as I read through this thread I'm starting to feel defensive over being questioned about thinking about making this leap, which is starting to make me think that I should go for it despite the obvious hurdles.

its funny how how our minds work....
    Change is scary. And usually difficult. Imagine, making it as real as possible, that you decided not to go for it - life would just carry on as is. Do you feel more relief or more disappointment / regret?

You've got people around you saying you could do it, you're noticing that you're getting defensive, I'm thinking that there's an underlying belief in yourself, that you know you can do it and what's more, you'd be damn good at it too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom