Top Gear - New series BBC2

What's Hot

Comments

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    boogieman said:
    Cirrus said:
    Imagine being loathed by people you've never met as you walk around your big house with a huge garage filled with expensive cars and knowing that if you decided not to, you'd never need to work another day in your life.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a bellend. But still, if the deal was riches and people that don't know you talking about what a twat you were... I think most would take that.
    He's so up himself that he probably thinks nobody could hate his cheery impish sense of humour and his loveable upbeat personality. 
    On the contrary, I'm sure he cries himself to sleep every night, knowing how much he is despised. Making his £500 a pop pillows slightly damp in the process.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    FX_Munkee said:
    boogieman said:
    Cirrus said:
    Imagine being loathed by people you've never met as you walk around your big house with a huge garage filled with expensive cars and knowing that if you decided not to, you'd never need to work another day in your life.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a bellend. But still, if the deal was riches and people that don't know you talking about what a twat you were... I think most would take that.
    He's so up himself that he probably thinks nobody could hate his cheery impish sense of humour and his loveable upbeat personality. 
    On the contrary, I'm sure he cries himself to sleep every night, knowing how much he is despised. Making his £500 a pop pillows slightly damp in the process.
    He was constantly tweeting about how great TG was and how good the viewing figures were while he was on it. That doesn't sound like someone who doubts himself or worries about what people think of him to me. Anyway, surely he already knew most of the public think he's a wanker?  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    Really good one this week - I really really enjoyed it. The chemistry is starting to click, Chris Hoy was a great guest and the new Ford GT looks fantastic. 

If they can keep this upward curve going they'll be in a very good place.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • As a big fan of both, I've really enjoyed the new series, and I think the last two episodes have bettered anything the Grand Tour have done so far. It feels like they've been a little more modest, and just made some great entertainment. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    The little bit with the electric Nissan was great
    My V key is broken
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    As a big fan of both, I've really enjoyed the new series, and I think the last two episodes have bettered anything the Grand Tour have done so far. It feels like they've been a little more modest, and just made some great entertainment. 
    Yep Totally agree. Really enjoyed the whole series.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Last season had Chris Evans tell us about all the expensive cars he owns, and that everything is great on Top Gear.  They were all having fun honest, and him and Joey were bestestest pals with Chris and Rory sidelined.

He made a big deal of the "public can audition" with YouTube videos, and let's be honest, that was a PR stunt, and nothing more.  No intention to get any great unwashed involved.

As they'd always write at the end of a Points Of View letter, "Shame on you BBC!"

This season, Matt Chris and Rory are just getting on with it.  Having fun and it's obvious the warmth they actually have for each other - they actually are having fun.

As they'd always write at the end of a Points Of View letter, "More please, BBC!"  :D

I was genuinely, properly laughing through the last one. Really really good

The Ssangyacht was brilliant. 
    Yep, the chemistry is there now. The may two episodes they just clicked, helped of course by great studio guests. Chris has settled down a bit and is less aggressive and acts more like a straight man for the other two. Can't wait for the next series now.
    My V key is broken
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    So it's worth catching up with then? Last one I saw had them playing Pac-man around shipping containers. 
    So it's worth catching up with then? Last one I saw had them playing Pac-man around shipping containers. 
    Definitely worth watching. The last two were as good as the average "old" top gear in its last couple of years and certainly as good as any of the Grand Tour. Really glad theyve got the chemistry starting to click - they're coming across as mates doing fun stuff with cars, which is the essence of what makes TG great.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    Needs more Sabine or is that just my cock thinking out loud
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    I was genuinely, properly laughing through the last one. Really really good

The Ssangyacht was brilliant. 
    Yes, one or two parts had me burst out laughing.  That was top entertainment.

I've enjoyed the features in this series a lot.  But I still don't like the studio bits, I find Harris awkward and uncomfortable.  His eye-brows betray how ill-at-ease he is trying to act and read script etc.  He's so undoubtedly great in the cars, and in the features he's genuinely funny with the banter and so on but in the studio in front of the audience.......out of his depth.
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    Dump Joey (he is no presenter completely monotone , no enthusiasm and he is not James May ) , bring in Sabine (she can take the mick out of the lads) . Guests are ok but they have to get new ones i think the only guest on this series that hasn't been on before was Tamsin Greig . 
       Rory and Chris are great and you can see they are genuinely enjoying what they are doing , on the odd occasion Sabine has been with them you could tell that would be a better fit .  
        They should loose the scripts and let them improvise , it would be more natural .
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Needs more Sabine or is that just my cock thinking out loud
    Great minds think alike. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    Sabine is an awful presenter. She seems very nice and is a fantastic driver but just isn't good outside a car. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    I quite like Matt LB.  He knows his car and big toys.  Not a natural presenter but he's got better as he has relaxed a bit.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4924
    I don't much go for the Rory bloke - I think he'd be better on Blue Peter.
    Joey is a real actor and is funny and the other chap has his moments.
    I did laugh out loud (I refuse to write "LOL")(oops, I did!) a couple of times at the yacht one and the bit where EJ's big boat was turning round the buoy was impressive.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7869
    It's sh1t. Zero chemistry.
    studio work is absolutely appalling  
    studio guest section lasts far too long
    Yacht boat thing was just a stupid waste of resources, money, and time... and a crap car...
    Rory is like the pet Labrador they wheel out when they want their faces licked.
    its a pale pastiche of The Clarkson era Top Gear.  They need to completely rework the IP, make something new.  The pathetic tribute to old Top Gear they're currently attempting just isn't working. 
    Kill it with fire!!

M :)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    They're already different from the top gear era IMO, but they have to start from somewhere and find their own thing naturally rather than forcing their own mark on it (which didn't work out well for Chris Evans)

Loads of people said similar negative things in the early "new" series. James May was pretty wooden, Hammond has always been awful but they were lucky to have Clarkson to keep pulling people in. It's easy to forget just how much time they had together.

I can see this version being popular with younger viewers who might find the grand tour too old fashioned.

But you can't please everyone. I think enough of us are hopeful for it to give it a chance and I truly believe it will grow into something brilliant in its own right.
    My V key is broken