Top Gear - New series BBC2

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    I haven't seen the last episode yet, but overall I preferred it to the Grand Tour.  There was nothing in this series to compare to that woeful commando thing that they did on the Grand Tour.  They also didn't have anything as annoying as the Celebrity brain crash find a new way to "kill" the celebrity.  That got very tired very quickly.  Overall I think I preferred it to the last 2 or 3 series of Clarkson Top Gear as well.

It's different, but I think Reid and LeBlanc are a lot more likeable than Clarkson and Hammond.  They aren't as cynical either. The enthusiasm for the cars does come across.  When they drive a car fast and they have a big enthusiastic grin from ear to ear there's something infectious about it that you just don't get with a grumpy git like Clarkson.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Well I watched 1.5 episodes of the grand tour and all of this last series of top gear. It's not been faultless, but it has been entertaining and has improved throughout. I think the team works - I too would like to see more of Sabine but other than that the balance works well - and generally the content has been excellent.  TG thoroughly rescued and I can't think I'll bother much with Clarkson et al (and I really didn't think I'd be saying that). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22137
    The worst thing about Top Gear is that it's wrecked Chris Harris's Youtube channel. 

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Needs more Sabine or is that just my cock thinking out loud
    Great cocks think alike. 
    FTFY
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    i watch the new TG more out of respect for the 'old' TG than the fact i like it tbh.

seeing MLB struggle to cope with the autocue, makes you realise that although JC wasn't everyone's fave bloke, he pulled the show together very well. that harris bloke annoys me, i think he's got the impression that he's funny from somewhere, the rory bloke is, well , just... pointless. and things like the boat project would have been many times better with james may at the helm.

if i missed the old TG i'd watch it on i player, if i missed a show from this run, i probably wouldn't even remember it had been on.

and sabine is starting to look her age now,

still would obv!!...
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    I only managed to tolerate the first episode of GT. It was tedious
    I'd watched some TGs at random from the Clarkson days, and it was OK, but obviously Clarkson is like Roger Mellie - and you have to accept he's got the role of big-gob alpha male and bullies the other 2

I watched this TG episode 1, it's OK
    same principle - alpha male bullying the other 2
    I agree that Sabine could not lead a show

I think one option would be to look at the "8 out of cats does countdown" trick, and put one or 2 very sharp comedians into TG, since it needs a spark of wit of a less cheesy type than the JC & Co style

Imagine the show with 2 out of Romesh Ranganathan, Jack Whitehall, Paul Merton, John Bishop, etc
    I am not sure which of those might know enough about cars - but I assume some comedians do
    Then you could mix in car experts with less wit as needed
    The current show looks very scripted, and could be a lot more natural with quick-thinking wits added

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423

Imagine the show with 2 out of Romesh Ranganathan, Jack Whitehall, Paul Merton, John Bishop, etc

Radio 4 does TG? I can't imagine anything worse.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I've tried to give this season a chance. The outcome has been me forwarding through all studio bits, and finding that some of the 'adventures' have been pretty entertaining. 

Id get rid of le blanc though. Rory, Chris and Sabine would be the trio I'd go for as they all seem to love what they do - but each have their own character. 

Not it sure where I stand on gt. the chemistry between them is great but again some of the aspects seemed more forced than when they were on the Beeb. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Matt's charisma is coming through, Sabine doesn't have any and i think her accent would be a problem in studio segments
    My V key is broken
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    holnrew said:
    Matt's charisma is coming through, Sabine doesn't have any and i think her accent would be a problem in studio segments
    Yup. Not forgetting that the Beeb is still counting on selling the show in a bazillion countries. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901

Radio 4 does TG? I can't imagine anything worse.
    I can, GT!