'Replica's , copies , fakes and friends

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    all this thread has done is make me want a Chibson or a Rockinbetter or whatever 
    Put an advert on Gumtree ;)

We will see you in about 3 weeks when you've stopped replying to the replies 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    all this thread has done is make me want a Chibson or a Rockinbetter or whatever 

i might just do that mate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

i might just do that mate
    And let us know what you get offered!!
    this could be a fun game 
    advert going on now 
    this could be a fun game 
    advert going on now 

Chibson update, nothing to report 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobliefeldbobliefeld Frets: 425
    Garthy said:
    Garthy said:
    Gagaryn said:
    Skipped said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you buy a "replica/fake/whatever you want to call it" off ebay. Then once it's arrived you report it to ebay as a fake (with sufficient evidence) even if it was advertised as such ebay will give you a refund and instruct you to destroy the item... how they verify the destruction I don't know.

I think it works like this.
    You buy a Replica on ebay. You then contact ebay and say "I have bought a counterfeit Les Paul made by (name of builder) but I suspect it was made by BobBurst".
    Ebay then say "We don't care who made it. It now has to be destroyed"
    You then destroy the guitar, and provide evidence....or you send it to the Copywrite owner (Gibson) who destroy the guitar and confirm to ebay. Ebay pay for Gibson to destroy the guitar.
    Ebay then refund your £7000.

Does anybody disagree?  

My mate bought a "Fender Custom Shop" Precision Bass a few years back on eBay. When it arrived it was a POS - cheap Chinese body, mini pots, $5 pup but a surprisingly nice neck. We got in touch with the seller in case it he was genuinely in the dark about it, even phoning him but he didn't want to know - the offer was to return at his expense after a full refund was made but he still claimed it was genuine and now not his problem.

Long story short - got in touch with eBay explaining it was a fake, they asked for written proof on headed paper from an "expert" that the guitar was fake - so I wrote a letter on "Gagaryn Guitars" or similar headed paper confirming its fakeness including a picture of the guitar dismantled as proof of its "destruction" and he was promptly refunded.

The owner then got back in touch asking for it back - but it was explained to him that that ship had passed and the guitar was now in pieces.

(PS -The guitar may now be back in one piece, (albeit with a new loom and pup) in my living room, with "Chinese Fake!!" scratched into the pickup cavity and control cavity - I still really like the neck on it!)

Just so I haven't got the wrong end of the stick, you took it apart, wrote a letter of proof from your own 'company' then got your money back, then reassembled it and kept it?
    Ah so it's OK to defraud ebay but not OK to defraud a person? 

Your just as bad.
    Where did I say it was ok to defraud?
    @Garthy that wasn't aimed at you, I was agreeing with you. Last bit was aimed at Gagaryn!
    What's the use in sending it back?  Have it back pal, try ripping off someone can't tell the difference next time, good luck! 

I believe you're supposed to destroy, at least ebay/amazon/etc advise you to.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Chibson update, nothing to report 
    Get your finger out man.

We demand Chibson to point at and laugh....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Im trying man! 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031

Bridgehouse Bridgehouse Frets: 2994

We demand a Chibson to point at and laugh....

Here you go, if it keeps you quiet! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

*snigger*

Actually, you know what.. some of them are quite...

No, I can't say it.
    @HarrySeven ;
    King of the Chibsons 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @HarrySeven ;
    King of the Chibsons 
    Get yours then.

Then we can point and say "Look at the Emperor's new Chibson" :)
    *snigger*

No, I can't say it.
    Say it man, we are all friends here :-p
    *snigger*

No, I can't say it.
    Say it man, we are all friends here :-p
    Actually, you know what.. some of them are quite...shit
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Why do the chibson makers keep getting the obvious things that we can all spot wrong? With just a little  tinkering they would be able to fool alot more people... obviously, this wouldnt be a good thing, but i just wonder why they just dont  put the headtsock logo in the right place and get it looking right, and make the serial number not look as if they branding cattle, and get the right posts ( not screw thread) and right bridge etc.... 
    all the while they keep churning out these faults 99% of people know what they are which is a good thing of course. 
    .? 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    stuagu said:
    Why do the chibson makers keep getting the obvious things that we can all spot wrong? With just a little  tinkering they would be able to fool alot more people... obviously, this wouldnt be a good thing, but i just wonder why they just dont  put the headtsock logo in the right place and get it looking right, and make the serial number not look as if they branding cattle, and get the right posts ( not screw thread) and right bridge etc.... 
    all the while they keep churning out these faults 99% of people know what they are which is a good thing of course. 
    .? 
    I don't think the makers are actually trying to fool people per se.

They just have a total disregard for IP and are making something that looks close enough to most people at an attractive price.

The trouble comes when third parties try to shift them on as real.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Chibson update, Gumtree removed my advert :-))
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Chibson update, Gumtree removed my advert :-))
    Oh the irony!

Back to keeping your eyes peeled then ;)
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4170
    I desperately wanted to buy it but no PayPal or postage offered, I am a huge slash/guns n roses fan for 29 years , the copy is of slash's personal snakepit guitar and is very well done but all the telltale signs stand out a mile so no danger of mistaking it for the £25 000 - £35 000 original model , it would have been great for a poorer fan like me to own such a guitar. It was very disheartening not to be able to buy it . I currently play 2 x epiphone les Paul's a custom and a standard that was my uncles , it has got the snakepit decal and i have slash pickups and a new wiring kit for it.