• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24811
    Well, I’ve folded and ordered one...

Thanks for all the info good people :)

Great colour!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467

Nice one Warren. Thornbuckers or SSV’s? I’m loving the SSV/SSH plus combo in my new Modern I have to say... sounded epic last night!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Nice one, let us know how you get on with it.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9556
    simonk said:

Nice one Warren. Thornbuckers or SSV’s? I’m loving the SSV/SSH plus combo in my new Modern I have to say... sounded epic last night!
    Thornbuckers mate...

I’m amazed at how little stock there is, across Europe to be honest. I understand that these are ‘limited’, especially with the TBuckers...

Still not a fan of that headstock, but the rest looks lush !
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited August 2018
    Nice one, Waz and welcome to the club. Great colour, too.

@simonk - the SSV/SSH is a good combo and I probably think more well-suited to the Modern but having had that in my Standard and an SSV/ML/SSV combo, I think it would be too hot for the Alt T Pro and change its character. One of the things I love about the Alt T that you don't find with all Suhrs is that it has an old school vibe/sound with modern appointments.

The new Peach spec'd LTD Edition HSS Strats have 2 x MLs and a Thornbucker Plus in the bridge. I bet that combo sounds great.
    Mine arrived today - Suhr Alt T Pro, with Thornbuckers, alder and rosewood. 

I haven’t even played one of these ever; breaking every rule I’ve made....

Very very nice indeed. 

Love the neck (rear) - which was a pre-play worry as I favour sanded necks.

Those pick ups are a bit special ain’t they ??!!??

As an owner of a Masterbuilt ‘67 Tele and ‘63 Strat, this guitar has shocked me. Modern yet feels vintage. I am delighted with it 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I always got the impression that Suhrs were sterile. This thread makes me feel uncomfortable.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467

Very very nice indeed. 

As an owner of a Masterbuilt ‘67 Tele and ‘63 Strat, this guitar has shocked me. Modern yet feels vintage. I am delighted with it 
    Glad you like it Warren :)
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    The satin feel of the back of the neck felt gorgeous on @simonk 's one. @gringopig that natural one looks ace :)
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    I always got the impression that Suhrs were sterile. This thread makes me feel uncomfortable.
    Think the early ones were mate, I have a classic antique or whatever they’re called now. Way more vibe and leagues ahead of any Fender Custom shop I’ve played or owned. We all fall guilty of judging with our eyes, I think there’s a good reason a lot of the new great players coming through now are playing Suhrs.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited August 2018
    Alas, some of them are, David. The Alt T is quite different and I don't believe you have one in your lovely Suhr collection. I think you should or maybe the JM covers that?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    The Alt T Pro is proving to be the Suhr for those who don’t like Suhr’s....
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    tFB Trader

Very very nice indeed. 

I sold a very clean used version about 4 months ago - I thought it was an excellent guitar - Lots of character and yes somehow vintage from a new guitar - enjoy it
  • koss59 said:
    Think the early ones were mate, I have a classic antique or whatever they’re called now. Way more vibe and leagues ahead of any Fender Custom shop I’ve played or owned. We all fall guilty of judging with our eyes, I think there’s a good reason a lot of the new great players coming through now are playing Suhrs.
    Can't say I agree, sorry. Though I do like them, I prefer my CS.

The Alt T is a different thing though in my eyes, and that looks stunning @Wazmeister, congratulations! I love that!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Well done @Wazmeister I now really want one of these ... Hah with Thorn Buckers so now there is a sense of urgency coupled with the GAS 
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352

I should have probably added this to my comment

Being potentially THE resident Suhr fanboy here, I was surprised to see the positivity around their offerings without the normal, lazy use of 'sterile' being used - the word that never seems to be explained.

Congrats to all that have purcahased the Alt T Pro. One is on my horizon I'm sure. It tends to go that way. :-)

• My pro S4 is awesome. However I always found, perhaps due to basswood body (which gives the sound character), it didn't cut through the mix as stil as mahogany PRS.
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    koss59 said:
    Can't say I agree, sorry. Though I do like them, I prefer my CS.

The Alt T is a different thing though in my eyes, and that looks stunning @Wazmeister, congratulations! I love that!
    That’s okay, we don’t have to agree. I’d be right with you a few years ago but my playing career has changed now.
    I still have my Fender custom shops and love them but don’t miss the little quirks that vintage styled instruments have when doing certain gigs.
    For me my Suhr has enough of the character of the custom shop Fender but doesnt hum, sounds more in tune, I much prefer the ML pickups to the hand wound Abbys in my Strat and I’ve come to love stainless steel frets.

Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    I’m with @koss59 here - this is a remarkable instrument, and in some ways, a CS killer. The stability and chime of it is incredible, and the whole guitar seems worn in and somehow vintage.

This may well even force the sale of my excellent Masterbuilt Tele; Ive yet to try the Suhr with the band, and that will be the BIG test...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom