NGD Suhr Alt T Pro

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Mine arrived today - Suhr Alt T Pro, with Thornbuckers, alder and rosewood. 

I haven’t even played one of these ever; breaking every rule I’ve made....

Very very nice indeed. 

Love the neck (rear) - which was a pre-play worry as I favour sanded necks.

Those pick ups are a bit special ain’t they ??!!??

As an owner of a Masterbuilt ‘67 Tele and ‘63 Strat, this guitar has shocked me. Modern yet feels vintage. I am delighted with it 
    I hope you are enjoying the Suhr - I have 2, first one bought in store after trying a few which were very consistent. The second a classic antique, I bought without trying - it was pretty much perfect. I think Suhr is the only brand that I would be confident with buying without trying, though it would have to be new.

I'm a Strat person, otherwise I would have got an Alt T ages ago... though I am getting very tempted. They somehow look very classy IMO, especially black with torty pick guard....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    @vincechu89 - I'm essentially a Strat person, too, but there's enough in the Alt T to cross over into aspects of a Strat as well as a couple of other types of guitar.

I'd try one and compare :)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    A few random thoughts on my Alt t, glad your enjoying yours Waz.

The first thing that struck me when I got mine was how “in tune” it was, a big open shwang on an open chord never felt so good.

The stainless steel frets stop it feeling truely worn in and vintage for me, but it’s a lovely neck.

The single could tapped tones sound closest to my Jaguar than they do Strat or Tele, no bad thing at all.
  • Kebabkid said:
    @vincechu89 - I'm essentially a Strat person, too, but there's enough in the Alt T to cross over into aspects of a Strat as well as a couple of other types of guitar.

I'd try one and compare :)
    I will try and find one to compare - I currently have 2 Classic S’s from Suhr, and was thinking of a 3rd as there are some fairly priced used ones, but all this talk about Alt t’s has given me gas for one.

My ideal colour is black with torty guard, but the only one I can find is on the ‘bay and it has a chipped headstock :( I will have to give it some thought as I like to put the chips and dings in mysef lol

How is everyone finding the neck? I assume you all have the even c medium and not the newer vintage c?

how is the guitar acoustically and what is the typical weight?
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited August 2018
    Yep, it's an even C Medium Neck Shape (840-.920) with a  9" - 12" Compound Radius and 22 Medium Stainless Steel Frets. It feels full and comfortable but not a baseball and is close to my Robert Cray Strat neck.

Weight-wise, I don't have decent enough scales to check but they seem to come in at 7lbs or just over and feel nice and light.

Acoustically, and mine's a Swap Ash body, Maple board, it's livelier than a Strat and slightly louder but definitely more resonant.

Having 2 Strats already, one HSS with a trem and one SSS hardtail, there's enough from the Alt T to offer something different in both looks, feel, vibe and tones whilst doing a good job of covering the other 2 guitars, except for the trem but I'm finding a new found positivity with bends etc when using a hardtail.

I'd also echo what dindude said about tuning. It's just a really pleasing thing :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Kebabkid said:
    Yep, it's an even C Medium Neck Shape (840-.920) with a  9" - 12" Compound Radius and 22 Medium Stainless Steel Frets. It feels full and comfortable but not a baseball and is close to my Robert Cray Strat neck.

Weight-wise, I don't have decent enough scales to check but they seem to come in at 7lbs or just over and feel nice and light.

Acoustically, and mine's a Swap Ash body, Maple board, it's livelier than a Strat and slightly louder but definitely more resonant.

Having 2 Strats already, one HSS with a trem and one SSS hardtail, there's enough from the Alt T to offer something different in both looks, feel, vibe and tones whilst doing a good job of covering the other 2 guitars, except for the trem but I'm finding a new found positivity with bends etc when using a hardtail.

I'd also echo what dindude said about tuning. It's just a really pleasing thing :)
    Thanks mate, my two Suhr strats have the even C medium - my fav neck shape, agree it is full but not too chunky. I have a hss and a sss, both with trem, and was thinking of a third Suhr, either the Alt T or another strat type and blocking the trem for variation. With Suhr's, I find they hold tuning very well regardless of being hard tail or not. The strat types they do always come in around 8 lbs, which isn't light but not heavy either. I'm going to try one at GG when i get some time... don't be surprised if you see a NGD thread from me some time lol.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    A great colour choice, Warren. Your masterbuilt tele is something special too. Keep ‘em all, I say. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    Suits you Suhr
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • See, right.... if Suhr Modern's had their cutaway right at the 24th fret like PRS CU24... I'd buy one and just have that as my main guitar. With mahogany body. That's their downfall... the cutaway isn't far down enough.
  • Mine weighs 7.75 pounds. The neck is great. I have had other compound radius fingerboards where the flattening was noticeable. This is just right. The neck joint and cutaway are very well executed.