iTunes/iPhone grief

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
Aaaargh this f*cking shit drives me nuts ....

1. Bought some albums in the last 6 months - they are in my iTunes library, but 2 of the 3 are greyed out in my iPhone (as viewed from iTunes) - if you - there's nothing you can do with them.  You seem to be unable to delete stuff from within iTues these days.

2. Ripped a couple on my own personal CDs - nothing I do copies the albums to my iPhone
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27630
    Jalapeno said:
    You seem to be unable to delete stuff from within iTues these days.

Can you do it during iWeds?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Anyone using MediaMonkey for managing iPhone music ?

Feedback
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    I've given up on iTunes/Ripping music. Most/all the music I want is available on Spotify now, so I use that for just about everything. 
  • joneve said:
    I've given up on iTunes/Ripping music. Most/all the music I want is available on Spotify now, so I use that for just about everything. 
    does not help you Jal but I am exactly the same as Jon, I am 100% Apple (Mini/MBA/iPhone/Watch/TV) but cannot stand iTunes, I play records or listen to via Spotify now..
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    joneve said:
    does not help you Jal but I am exactly the same as Jon, I am 100% Apple (Mini/MBA/iPhone/Watch/TV) but cannot stand iTunes, I play records or listen to via Spotify now..
    Yep. So much this. I love my iPhone and Macbook, but I only listen to iTunes when absolutely necessary. I've completely hidden the music app on my phone into a sub menu now, because I never use it.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Put your iPhone in airplane mode, plugged it in to your main iTunes library and sync and all the grayed-out songs should be copied over.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    I believe @Bucket is the expert you need... :3
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    joneve said:
    joneve said:
    Yep. So much this. I love my iPhone and Macbook, but I only listen to iTunes when absolutely necessary. I've completely hidden the music app on my phone into a sub menu now, because I never use it.
    Rarely if ever use iTunes to play music - just to manage iPhone/iPod content - just wondered if there was any alternative (keeping the iPhone).

Feedback
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7487
    I gave up on iTunes for music  management

Spotify premium and tag stuff for download to device as needed depending on data quota or mobile coverage

Red ones are better. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3338
    check iOS is up to date and that you have latest iTunes version.  When you next connect your phone make sure nothing else powered by USB is plugged in and lastly try another cable.

all of these have helped me solve similar issue before.  Also is sharing enabled on your mac/pc itunes library? 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
     Check that you are syncing all music. You may have only selected certain albums to sync.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1779
    I've got a vague recollection that when you buy something in itunes you can only have it on a certain number of devices, so if you bought and downloaded it on an ipad, and if it also auto-downloaded on to your pc and ipod then you might not be able to get it on your phone as well. Something like that anyway.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
    BigMonka said:
    I've got a vague recollection that when you buy something in itunes you can only have it on a certain number of devices, so if you bought and downloaded it on an ipad, and if it also auto-downloaded on to your pc and ipod then you might not be able to get it on your phone as well. Something like that anyway.
    I didn't think itunes had DRM so it should not matter

Jalapeno said:
    Anyone using MediaMonkey for managing iPhone music ?
    No ?  Anyone tried it ?

Feedback