Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
    Beth Hart, Bonnie Rait
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    WHAT ?    DONT AGREE AT ALL ............Beth HART is a modern day Janis Joplin ,a blues singer but ultimate Rock n Roll look and I find her very attractive in the conventional sense ........proper rock chic
    The fact that she is also one of the best vocalists of the last 30 years also helps
    Bonnie Rait - she wasn't always an old lady you know !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    His Real name is Tony not Renee -my wife worked with him for a few years on cruise ships (and did the Renata role a few times )........in real life he has a broad Brummie accent and is /was a lot of fun 
    Dominic said:
    His Real name is Tony not Renee -my wife worked with him for a few years on cruise ships (and did the Renata role a few times )........in real life he has a broad Brummie accent and is /was a lot of fun 
    Just looking him up, passed away in 2009. Disappointingly Renato's restaurant in Tamworth seems to have been renamed now. 
    He must have been quite a succesful cabaret act because my wife said he used to arrive on and off the cruise ships he was working in the Carribean by Helicopter !
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12384
    Baby Huey.

"OUR TOSSPOT"
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3089
    I know I've mentioned this before but Renee's daughter was incredibly lovely when I met her. She did look like a pop star. I may have been inebriated.... mmmm. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    equalsql said:

Has he pissed himself?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12384
    D. Boon from Minutemen, amazing player gone far too soon
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    And I give you.......
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12385
    edited March 2017
    Dominic said:
    WHAT ?    DONT AGREE AT ALL ...........
    Yeah quite. Bonnie was quite the hottie,  in fact she's still a good looking woman now.

Likewise what's with the hating on Alison Moyet and Adele earlier? Ok they both are/were overweight but neither of them are "unlikely looking pop stars". 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    ICBM said:
    Joe Jackson is looking like Smeagol when he's about 10% of the way towards turning into Gollum.
    If you listen to Jo Jackson's hits he does pretty much look like how you'd imagine the person singing those to look. If you'd heard Elvis Costello and he turned out to be a blonde bodybuilder that wouldn't be right either.
    It may be that in popular music the breadth of what is popular has reduced - serious songs or even the novelty song not crossing over into the mainstream anymore maybe. 
  • Har mar superstar
    boogieman said:
    Dominic said:
    Yeah quite. Bonnie was quite the hottie,  in fact she's still a good looking woman now.

Likewise what's with the hating on Alison Moyet and Adele earlier? Ok they both are/were overweight but neither of them are "unlikely looking pop stars". 
     Not hating on them at all but ,Yes, both fat ( I can't throw stones because i am in the Glass house on this one ) but that is exactly what makes them " unlikely looking pop stars " in this day and age when everything has to fit the Xfactor stereotype right down to the ubiquitous boy-band hairstyle .
    I think Alison Moyet is thin these days as it happens.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12385
    Dominic said:
    boogieman said:
    Dominic said:

Not hating on them at all but ,Yes, both fat ( I can't throw stones because i am in the Glass house on this one ) but that is exactly what makes them " unlikely looking pop stars " in this day and age when everything has to fit the Xfactor stereotype right down to the ubiquitous boy-band hairstyle .
    I think Alison Moyet is thin these days as it happens.
    Guess you're right. It's very sad that people in the public eye get so judged by the fact they're overweight. Especially when as a nation we're pretty porky (me included) so they are actually more "normal" rather than the skinny x factor stereotypes. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I don't think weight is an issue in music even today - Rag'n'bone Man has done remarkably well - it's part of his signature.
  • Adele has never been thin, she's doing ok for herself