From Kemper back to valves...and back (in a weekend)

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• jimificationjimification Frets: 161
    edited March 2017
    Interesting, @jimification ;;

How do I know what is a merged profile? How do you differentiate? 

I've locked the Cabinet button off and unticked the cab monitor or whatever it is in the output menu. Oddly, it still sounded like the 'True Cab' setting had an effect. 
    Sorry, I don't think they made an official designation as merged profiles were implemented a while after the unit was designed. Some of the top Jimi Profiles have an "M" in the name if they're merged and you might find notes which detail which ones are merged on the web sites of MBritt etc.. More merged profiles are emerging but it's a slow process as many of the popular amps have been done already and I guess commercial profilers are reluctant to go back and redo them...

Sometimes merged profiles do seem to work much better and other times the "cab driver" (the algorithm that removes the cab part of the profile) seems to work just fine. Can't remember if "pure cab" is supposed to work when cab sim is off or not. I think it's supposed to remove the sound character of the mic but I've not messed with it much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    John_A said:
    Too much hassle...@John_A - I just want to play!

Had similar feelings when I got my Helix.  Now I have a 'rig' that took a day to set up, and was tweaked a little bit here and there and I just plug in and play.  All you need to get out of it are the sounds you use, no need to spend forever fiddling. 

This is very wise!

If it's that wise where's my 'wisdom' :)
    Ha, I already wis'd you!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    John_A said:
    John_A said:
    Too much hassle...@John_A - I just want to play!

Had similar feelings when I got my Helix.  Now I have a 'rig' that took a day to set up, and was tweaked a little bit here and there and I just plug in and play.  All you need to get out of it are the sounds you use, no need to spend forever fiddling. 

This is very wise!

If it's that wise where's my 'wisdom' :)
    Ha, I already wis'd you!
    Thanks.  I don't get many :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Dynaudio BM6 mkii or above monitors sound epic with the kemper. I also use my victory 1x12 with v30 no and get some great results with that. I switch between Sennheiser HD25's and Audio Technica ath-m50's for headphones.