Recommend me a reverb pedal…or Flint?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17672
    tFB Trader
    Of all the reverbs I've had the flint stood out for me.

The polara was close and much better value. The hardwire is virtually identical. The Neunaber i found quite lacking.

I'd go polara
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    At of the ones I've had..

Flint is a good all rounder and good value if you like tremolo.

Wet is best ambient

Polara is a decent budget option.

I kept the flint and sold the other two.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8025

The polara was close and much better value. The hardwire is virtually identical. The Neunaber i found quite lacking.

I'd go polara
    Which version of the Neunaber did you have? The joy of the Neunaber is the extension/preset pedal, that gives you multiple reverb options live.   It's a damn fine pedal.  But, overall, the MXR is the one to have. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727
    TheMarlin said:

I'd go polara
    Which version of the Neunaber did you have? The joy of the Neunaber is the extension/preset pedal, that gives you multiple reverb options live.   It's a damn fine pedal.  But, overall, the MXR is the one to have. 

In what way Marlin, does the MXR have something equivalent to the WET, if you primarily wanted an ambient verb, as apposed to spring?

I may try the MXR later, the only thing putting me off is the power requirement, 240ma as opposed to the Neunaber's 70ma (immerse) or 100ma (Slate).  But if it passes the sound test I'm sure I could find a way.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17672
    tFB Trader
    The one you can reprogram.

The Neunaber was nice for big swooshy pedal demo type ambient reverb but for more subtle usable reverbs i found it had a slap back that you can't dial out and was quite artificial
    The one you can reprogram.

The Neunaber was nice for big swooshy pedal demo type ambient reverb but for more subtle usable reverbs i found it had a slap back that you can't dial out and was quite artificial

I think to be fair the Neunaber is all about the Wet algorithm and ambient verb. 
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1269
    Blackstar HT reverb here - it's bloody huge, requires a weird (22 volts?) power supply but it sounds great...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8025
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4046
    TheMarlin said:
    But, overall, the MXR is the one to have. 
    I really like the way this pedal seems to work with an expression pedal.  I could make use of that.
    At the moment I've got a Flint on my board and I can't fault it.
    It does so much more but I've never come off the spring verb and the '61 tremolo -- such a perfect sound!

Personally I'm in 2 minds whether to wait for the ventris.

http://www.sourceaudio.net/blog/post/source-audio-introduces-the-ventris-reverb-at-winter-namm-2017

Looks good, although latest estimate for release in June.  Would be ace paired with a Nemesis.