Interesting Demographics

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I'm from Newcastle and have never been to Leicester, or Wales. Although I have seen football and Kasabian on the telly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    Ro_S said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    My Begian colleague is currently pretending he's French. Personally I think he's going to struggle when he has to do a German accent.
    Why is he doing that?

If he's Flemish half of Belgium, German accent should be easier.  
    Why? Oh I don't know, maybe it's got something to do with the entire point of this thread? Let's have a look.... Why yes, it does.
    He's Walloon.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    My brother in law is half welsh half German, so of course they're both my teams
    My V key is broken
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited July 2016
    FX_Munkee said:
    Why? Oh I don't know, maybe it's got something to do with the entire point of this thread? Let's have a look.... Why yes, it does.
    I'm struggling to understand how it relates to the topic, and it doesn't explain why he pretends to be French.   I must be missing something.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I think my granddad was Welsh, but I might be wrong.

Also, I've been to Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch, and I've shagged the missus on top of the mountain above Conwy.

edited July 2016

I've shagged the missus on top of the mountain above Conwy.

er, nice.   Snowdonia?   Is that high enough to put one in the mile high club?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    Ro_S said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    I'm struggling to understand how it relates to the topic, and it doesn't explain why he pretends to be French.   I must be missing something.
    Because Belgium we're knocked out of the tournament (Euro 2016) by Wales and France are still in the tournament, and this thread is about people suddenly discovering Welsh ancestory because their team (England) were knocked out the tournament (Euro 2016), and Wales are doing quite well.
    I bet you're a hoot at dinner parties.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5093
    My last 2 girlfriends have been Welsh and an ex's parents were Italian and thought my name is Leicester. It's all beginning to fit...
    FX_Munkee said:
    Because Belgium we're knocked out of the tournament (Euro 2016) by Wales and France are still in the tournament, and this thread is about people suddenly discovering Welsh ancestory because their team (England) were knocked out the tournament (Euro 2016), and Wales are doing quite well.
    I bet you're a hoot at dinner parties.
    I didn't realise it was about football/Euro 2016.

I don't do dinner parties.  Not my scene.

• slackerslacker Frets: 2267
    I'm English and from Luton and in my 50s I,'ve had so much experience supporting Shite teams I don't pretend to be from somewhere else.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I only ever say "we" and "us" if I actually contribute to a team's success. Which is never. I find it boorish, it's usually fat blokes talking about rugby, the truth being that they were only chosen at 8 when they were in school because they were fat.

I'm not sure what a soccer analogy would be - 'keeper?
    I'd find it difficult to say "we" and "us" to a team that I'd never been to support I think, but having watched "us" numerous times through the dark days (wet nights in the Racecourse with one man and his dog there) and the good (the 2002 games when we finally had enough "fans" to pack out the Millennium).

Paying fans do contribute, whether it's by the cringeworthy 12th man comments, which do have a positive impact on teams (however slight) to paying the wages of all the staff (however miniscule the individual contribution might be) without the paying public, you'd not have a tournament in the way we have one today.

I know what you're getting at though.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4941
    Come on you Wales!
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5879
    The Film "The Outlaw Josie Wales" starred an Actor called Clint Eastwood. There is an Eastwood Road in Leicester, fuckin' spooky stuff.

8-X
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24863
    Wales?

Never heard of it....
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Ro_S said:

I've shagged the missus on top of the mountain above Conwy.

er, nice.   Snowdonia?   Is that high enough to put one in the mile high club?

Could be. I was definitely short of breath afterwards.