Part ex car return rights

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72862
    Which does Sheena prefer?

Get that one :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Actually she's not giving me advice on it - she says I rely on her too much so I need to make my own decision as if she weren't here! 

Saying that, she doesn't like Civics and I finally agree - I also don't get on with them. 
    She prefers higher-up cars... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2017

She prefers higher-up cars... 
    In that case keep the Skoda, spend some money on new tyres, don't worry about  the dent (or have it fixed if it doesn't cost too much and it really annoys you), and let her enjoy the bigger car and the leather seats…

Then tell her it was your decision and you decided not to commit more money to a smaller car .

If the cabin vibration problem is still an issue, try getting some sort of giant soft toy to keep in it. I'm totally serious - it it's an internal air vibration that's causing it, that may stop it. And if it doesn't it will at least make you smile .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Dynamat... :)
    Dropping it off at the garage tonight to get the dent fixed and they can take it out when I'm gone to hear this problem for themselves. 

Dropping it off at the garage tonight to get the dent fixed and they can take it out when I'm gone to hear this problem for themselves. 
    If they've responded enough to do that for you, make sure that you mention the tyres being a possible cause and one having a nail in. If you're very lucky you might get a couple of new ones out of them - even if they're not a great brand.

Handed it in just now. Mentioned not good enough to drop so much cash then discover a door dent, especially as it's number one on their checklist, giving me no confidence in the rest of the checks. I should have mentioned the scratches but they're minor. 

Made a point of the cabin boom and showed him the huge thread on it, on the Skoda forums. He said that's the hard part. 

I did mention the nail but he said they do spin the wheels to check for that. I noted to him how all 4 tyres are different with different and uneven wear, so it could be an expensive experiment for me to replace them all, only to discover it hasn't helped any. 

So I'm back next Friday to see how it goes. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3432
    Which dealer was it?

I'll pm you..
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    edited April 2017
    If it helps @thomasross20 I played holy hell with my dealer (Merc) about tyres, they sold me an "approved" used car with no matching tyres, yet the PCP agreement states that the car should be returned with matching tyres per axle...also played the safety card. They caved and stuck 4 brand new Conti's on it..

Also, probably (or hopefully!) checked - directional tyres - were they on the right way - i.e the correct direction - that could cause extra noise
    Oh - that's interesting info.. 
    Is that a fact then that they should be the same at the end of PCP deal?

I suppose if one is worn, the garage could replace one or more .. and since the sale is a new deal, even if approved used, does that mean they have any obligation to have matching tyres in that case, or are they within their rights?
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    edited April 2017
    Oh - that's interesting info.. 
    Is that a fact then that they should be the same at the end of PCP deal?

I suppose if one is worn, the garage could replace one or more .. and since the sale is a new deal, even if approved used, does that mean they have any obligation to have matching tyres in that case, or are they within their rights?
    Well, it was in the T&C's on my contract, in the contract end section, might be worth a look?

I used the adage of "well if you are expecting me to bring the car back to you in a specific state then there is an onus on you as the dealer to supply the car to me in an acceptable state."

Worth a try mate, really is and it may just frighten them to act or at least come to some agreement with a contribution to new tyres.

Is it main Skoda dealer? A call to Head Office complaints could sort it to!!

I know you have bigger things going on at the moment but these dealers try to get away with doing as least as possible on some deals when the margin of profit they have in these cars (more so used than brand new) can be quite large - you have nothing to lose in pushing it!!

I always just thought the car should be in "reasonable condition" when handed back. For sure, the tyre issue sucks - it's an expensive experiment as it may not solve the noise issue.
    Getting a flight to Rhodes tomorrow morning so up at 3.30am.. if I have the time I might check this
    Right. I mailed head office.
    If no reply by next week, I'll ring them when I'm back.