Suhr Alt T pro

What's Hot
koss59koss59 Frets: 857
About to pull the trigger on one of these as a new Suhr convert.
How are owners still liking theirs? Anyone not bonded and fancy selling before I buy a new one?
Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24851
    There was one in the classifieds recently - not sure it it sold.

The residuals of any boutique brand are lousy - I'd only ever buy this kind of thing used - that way you can move it on, if it doesn't suit at little or no loss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 857
    Yeah I saw one not so long ago but wasn't in a position to buy then. I agree about resale but if it's as good as the Suhr Strat I've just got it's got no worries about that, it's my custom shop and vintage Fender/ Gibsons that need to be worried.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I absolutely love mine and have gigged nothing else since owning it. It's refreshingly light, sounds and looks great, and is very versatile - the Thornbuckers are terrifc. I like it lots!
    koss59 said:
    Yeah I saw one not so long ago but wasn't in a position to buy then. I agree about resale but if it's as good as the Suhr Strat I've just got it's got no worries about that, it's my custom shop and vintage Fender/ Gibsons that need to be worried.
    I've just traded a US Strat and Tele for a Suhr Classic Pro, and it's hands down the best S type I've ever played. 
    @simonk I honestly can't believe how good the ones they're making at the moment are. After being a vintage/ custom shop snob for years I've realised what I've been missing in these.
    koss59 said:
    @simonk I honestly can't believe how good the ones they're making at the moment are. After being a vintage/ custom shop snob for years I've realised what I've been missing in these.
    Absolutely. The prices have gone up recently which is a little painful, nevertheless, the Alt T Pro is a belter and worth it in my view. I'm not sure if they're part of the core line now or just being made for this year.
  • I really love them. The Maple neck ones were always superb but we've just received our first delivery of them with rosewood 'boards and they're as equally as awesome.
    @peachguitarsdotcom thanks, I was wondering if you guys were going to get the rosewood board ones in too.
    When are they going on your website?
  • koss59 said:
    @peachguitarsdotcom thanks, I was wondering if you guys were going to get the rosewood board ones in too.
    When are they going on your website?
    They're on now..
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    I haven't got it made yet, but I've spec'ed out a custom guitar build for myself, which going to be part Fender Thinline and part Suhr Alt Pro. Hopefully it will come to life in the next couple of months.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Isn't Suhr just the new Tom Anderson or as it was in the 80's Schecter?  The Strat du jour so to speak. I tried a modern & it left me cold. But the Strat I tried was nice. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59 said:
    Bumping this old thread...

The Alt T Pro is quite simply one of the best guitars Ive played and owned.

The perfect combination of modern technology and stability, with somehow a vintage feel.
  • http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/suhr-alt-t-pro-natural-used-w-hard-case.htm

Peach have a used one in at the moment. I only mention it as when I was looking for one, after a recommendation from @koss59 , there were very few about, new or used.

I love mine and am having to re-assess how I feel about the classic brands. It is the only Suhr I have played and I was worried it would be good but too modern and 'sterile'. Not at all. Totally comfortable immediately. Neck feels vintage once you get used to the stainless frets rattling a bit more. It sounds at least as good as a few of the best guitars I have ever owned and considerably better than a few from Fender and Gibson.   

• http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/suhr-alt-t-pro-natural-used-w-hard-case.htm

Peach have a used one in at the moment. I only mention it as when I was looking for one, after a recommendation from @koss59 , there were very few about, new or used.

I love mine and am having to re-assess how I feel about the classic brands. It is the only Suhr I have played and I was worried it would be good but too modern and 'sterile'. Not at all. Totally comfortable immediately. Neck feels vintage once you get used to the stainless frets rattling a bit more. It sounds at least as good as a few of the best guitars I have ever owned and considerably better than a few from Fender and Gibson.   

This one is missing the Thornbuckers though mate... critical for me
  • I agree about the Thornbuckers. I have had a few things like Lollars and ThroBak and I am very impressed with the Thornbuckers 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/suhr-alt-t-pro-natural-used-w-hard-case.htm

This one is missing the Thornbuckers though mate... critical for me
    It’s designated as a “Pro” so should have the Thorns in it, also the non-Pros / non-thorns have only just hit these shores so not sure there would be any hitting the used market yet. And for all the talk of Suhrs taking a hit on the used market that’s up for more than I bought mine for in last year’s Black Friday shenanigans.
    I didn’t realise they’d changed the model now, seems it has a different neck profile now too.
    I wouldn’t change a thing on mine, the Thornbuckers are bloody brilliant.
    Most versatile and reliable guitar I’ve ever owned.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    edited September 2018
    I saw the 2nd Hand Peach Alt T but it was pointed out that Thomann were only £200 more for a new one s
  • tone1 said:
    I saw the 2nd Hand Peach Alt T but it was pointed out that Thomann were only £200 more for a new one s
    If you really want it, pick up the phone I'm sure the Peach guys will go to a price that makes sense if there are others available :-)
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    tone1 said:
    If you really want it, pick up the phone I'm sure the Peach guys will go to a price that makes sense if there are others available :-)
    I’d like a Natural but with the Thornbuckers :)