Do you miss your Guitar when away on Holiday ??

What's Hot
l am presently on holiday.....Córdoba & Seville.  Great !
l could not resist buying a cheapo beat -up Flameco Guitar l stumbled across in a Street Market.
Only 20 euros,really quite crap...haha...but perfect for sunny evenings accompanied with a couple of cool Cervesas........
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9629
    Yes mate - always miss mine !

By the way, how is Seville ?! The wife and I really fancy it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I always take at least one travel guitar when I go away.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2265
    edited July 2017
    Never. 

However I stay with family in Bournemouth a lot and they have various acoustics. So I'll noodle around on one of those. My nephew (he's my nieces husband its easier to call him a nephew) has a very nice Yamaha FG. 

I go on treking holidays so there's no scope to take or borrow a guitar. 2 years ago we were on a tour in Viet Nam, a few times including a boat trip and jungle home stay the guide magically produces a guitar and plays and sings to anyone who didnt wander off. My wife helpfully mentioned I played guitar so I got handed it. I limited it to one song a 'session'. I think I did Ever Fall In Love. Jeepster and 500 miles. Funny how the mind goes blank when you have to do something now. 
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7964
    I miss making music.

If I was single, 99% of time off would be used to do music... though I do enjoy holidays I'd never actually pick to go on one on my own. Thankfully my g/f understands this so a happy middle ground is short breaks every now and then as opposed to 1-2 week plus holidays.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2214
    I take a travel guitar and recording set up with me. Here's a photo of it from last week in Zakynthos.

http://i.imgur.com/0E2aUcv.jpg

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6789
    I miss my guitar when I go to the toilet..... 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72796
    Very rarely. I admit it's partly because my job involves guitars, so it's good to take a break, but normally I just have other things I want to do instead.

I don't even usually look in guitar shops if I pass one, unless it looks unusually interesting. There have been a couple of times I've done it and wanted to buy a guitar I've found, but been banned :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I used to. At the moment I pretty much despise guitars so no, not really. Miss my dogs, cats and golf clubs far more.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    Absolutely not. We go away on holidays for a total break from our daily routines. And unless we bring the car, no golf clubs either. I enjoy checking out CDs in charity shops and wander in to any music shops I find. Apart from that, a clean break for a week or two recharges the enthusiasm for playing.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8794
    There have been years when I suffered from withdrawal. Once or twice, when driving, I've taken a guitar. On one holiday I found myself in a group with several other withdrawalees and bought a cheap acoustic. 

When working away from home for any extended period I've taken a guitar with me. That's been ok in Europe. Trying to find one which would survive the Indian climate was a challenge. I wanted a Steinberger cricket bat, but couldn't get on with the lack of body. It was @Jalapeno who suggest that I take my Parker Fly.

Nowadays I limit my playing to save my hands, so I'd survive without one for a couple of weeks.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    If I was at NAMM - no...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Nope. I take my Mandolin with me when I go on holiday.  ;)
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1104
    Well my "holiday" consists of touring and it involves playing in a band!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Not any more. If there's a music shop in the area, I do feel the urge to go and have a browse, but nothing much excites me these days.

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3351
    No never have. If I see a guitar whilst on holiday I'll have a quick play but otherwise the instrument never enters my mind. 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Not even slightly I'm glad to get away from them tbh 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9629
    merlin said:
    like it... :)
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    merlin said:
    But you manage to put the seat down afterwards, right.....?

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    In my yoof I took a guitar to the toilet often. Really missed it on holidays too. But now there are just two of us and I do think of tossing the acoustic in the car, but never do. I do look in any music shops we might stumble across.
    Holidays are packed with other interesting things.