SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Vigier

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3993
    edited August 2017

Oh no, not the aesthetics!!

I'll accept you did say "in some cases".

e. There's a Passion 3 on Reverb that I can't even look directly at, so point taken.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yuri_1973yuri_1973 Frets: 101
    edited August 2017
    prlgmnr said:
    Oh no, not the aesthetics!!

I'll accept you did say "in some cases".

e. There's a Passion 3 on Reverb that I can't even look directly at, so point taken.
    My point was more towards Suhr or Skervesen having much more varied, and in many cases, gorgeous finishes on their tops , while Vigiers are more «conservative» in that aspect.
    They (Vigier) may be changing though a bit their trend with the new «art series»
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12101
    With all the marketing I'm a bit confused, if you buy a Vigier, do you get a Mary Spender with it or not?!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiffboyRiffboy Frets: 5
    I disagree with the aesthetics comment, some Vigier are incredibly beautiful. The GV Wood for example. Or the Shawn Lane ! http://vigier.co.uk/index.php/guitars/excalibur/excalibur-shawn-lane-signature/

I wanted to buy the Shawn Lane for a while (especially for the Zero Radio) but I realised it had exactly the same pickups as my PGM 401. And I want to add more diversity to my collection...
  • yuri_1973yuri_1973 Frets: 101
    edited August 2017
    Riffboy, I completely agree that some Vigiers are aesthetically stunning too. It's just that they offer less variety than other brands, which have more "radical" finishes and different tops using different woods.
    If that approach from Vigier helps them keeping up the overall quality of their guitars, then I fully understand their decision.

BTW Leo / @Riffboy ;, my Seymour Duncan loaded Excalibur Original is still available if you want to shoot me an offer :-)
  • RiffboyRiffboy Frets: 5
    Too expensive for me :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3993
    Maybe I need a GV Wood in my life to go with my Excalibur.