NGD x 3.5

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8038
edited August 2017 in Guitar

Well...out and about today, I spotted a few things which looked intriguing because:

a. I really wanted one, or
b. They were bundled with something else, or they were
c. Useable for some kind of project, or
d. They were so cheap, it would have been rude not to.

So...first up is (another) red Hofner Galaxie:

Second is a rather highly modified Avon/Rose Morris LP copy:

Third is a through-neck CMI Rickenbacker copy:

Penultimately, we have a 60's bass neck of some description - very slim, with Van Gent machineheads (Egmond? Futurama?). Definitely NOT Fender, though!

And finally, a Strat copy (body only) in a translucent aqua/blue finish...well, because it was £2.50.

Errr...and that's it!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72864
    Wow! The Hofner is really nice. The CMI is pretty cool too.

The bass neck is interesting...

The Avon looks like someone tried to do a Pete Townshend on it. Perhaps they should have finished the job ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Out and about where?
    That's some haul for just "Popping out and about".

I love the Hofner.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Where do you go? Is there like a guitar scrapyard near you?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3683
    The Galaxie with the Selmer case is a nice buy I think. 

Guitar boot sale?
  • Very cool haul!  I'm actually glad that I have never run into that  kind of bounty all in one place(or day), or wait, no I'm not....

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I would kill to see what your will says, if you died someone would either be in heaven or hell?! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14676
    CMI "R" bass would make a nice project. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Jack_ said:
    Where do you go? Is there like a guitar scrapyard near you?

How would you be able to tell a boundary between a guitar scrapyard and chez HarrySeven? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love that Hofner. 

The CMI looks cool as anything. If it's not a dog that's a cool score. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    edited August 2017
    I love that cmi rick and the oh-so-sixties wonky lettering on the faux jag bass neck. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14676
    How would you be able to tell a boundary between a guitar scrapyard and chez HarrySeven? 
    The boundary is clearly indicated by a road sign that states, "Wolverhampton welcomes careful drivers."
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Where the hell do you find these. And more importantly, what do you do with them all
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    WTF is that screw on the *cough* Jaguar bass neck for?
    edited August 2017
    And is it just me or is there something not quite square and lined up about that fake rockinbetter?
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I'm in love with that Rick copy - so cool
    Stop crying, start buying
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72864
    And is it just me or is there something not quite square and lined up about that fake rockinbetter?
    The hardware isn't quite lined up on the walnut strip down the middle. I had a Shaftesbury - same factory, almost certainly - before I got my real 4001 that was the same. On this one the neck pickup is also a bit skew in the pickguard, and I think the bridge pickup might be a bit off too.

It would look far better without the out-of-kilter CMI logo though…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    The hardware isn't quite lined up on the walnut strip down the middle. I had a Shaftesbury - same factory, almost certainly - before I got my real 4001 that was the same. On this one the neck pickup is also a bit skew in the pickguard, and I think the bridge pickup might be a bit off too.

So apart from the walnut strip, the logo, the neck pickup and the bridge pickup, it's just me?
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8038
    ICBM said:

So apart from the walnut strip, the logo, the neck pickup and the bridge pickup, it's just me?
    No, it's me.

I've very carefully photoshopped everything *just* out of true in order to mess with your head. ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:

No, it's me.

I've very carefully photoshopped everything *just* out of true in order to mess with your head. ;)
    Stop buggering about on photoshop and find me a Harmony H22 Bass

;)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16309
    ICBM said:

I had a Shaftesbury fairly briefly about a million years ago, almost forgotten that I'd had it but that CMI instantly reminded me of it. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.