eBay Content: Errr...really?

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8038

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14612
    tFB Trader
    pick ups are probably desirable enough to the right person
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I quite like that, not sure why though 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

edited March 2018 tFB Trader
    hobbio said:
    Early Sat morning still, so have  a coffee, shower and a slice of toast - then look at it again and see if you still like it  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72890
    Machineheads as well.

But despite how odd it looks I think that's probably original and it would be unwise to part it out - I've never seen one before or any pictures of one, but the pickguard with the Burns 'Flying V' badge looks like it may well be a genuine factory custom job.

Nice to see a seller with the right approach to pricing too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6221
    That has HarrySeven written all over it. A must for your collection, surely?
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    Machineheads as well.

But despite how odd it looks I think that's probably original and it would be unwise to part it out - I've never seen one before or any pictures of one, but the pickguard with the Burns 'Flying V' badge looks like it may well be a genuine factory custom job.

Nice to see a seller with the right approach to pricing too.
    I've had another look and yes take your point on the tuners and scratchplate V badge - something tells me something about the headstock shape - but otherwise I'm not sure - not seen anything like it before, but I ain't no Burns buff

bids have nearly doubled since last time I looked
    guitars4you said:

I've had another look and yes take your point on the tuners and scratchplate V badge - something tells me something about the headstock shape - but otherwise I'm not sure - not seen anything like it before, but I ain't no Burns buff
    It's a Burns Sonic neck - in fact the whole thing is a Sonic with a different body, really. If it wasn't for the pickguard badge I would assume it was a DIY conversion. The finish looks like a car paint job too, and there appear to be screw heads under it on the back of the neck joint...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4978
    I think I'll give it a miss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8038
    edited March 2018
    ICBM said:

If it wasn't for the pickguard badge I would assume it was a DIY conversion.
    FYI - Years ago, I worked somewhere where we regularly had small bespoke tags like that made up (by people who made plastic and metal plaques for trophies  - football, darts, etc). They cost a pittance, so I’m unconvinced re. that as a sign of “genuine” Burns provenance.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 784
    That’s a guitar only its mother could love
    HarrySeven said:

FYI - Years ago, I worked somewhere where we regularly had small bespoke tags like that made up (by people who made plastic and metal plaques for trophies  - football, darts, etc). They cost a pittance, so I’m unconvinced re. that as a sign of “genuine” Burns provenance.
    I know what you mean, but it is *very* accurate if so - both the font and the material. I wouldn't totally rule it out, but I also wouldn't be quick to assume it's just a DIY bodge and part it out. The pickups and machineheads aren't *that* rare or valuable.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14693
    ICBM said:
    It's a Burns Sonic neck - in fact the whole thing is a Sonic with a different body, really. 
    Judging by the obvious join on the back, I suspect that the original body could have been cut down and, then, the "legs" of the Vee shape added on before the beer gut contouring and the rattle can respray.

My favourite features are the anachronistic RS plastic components.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.

@ICBM - I've posted a link to it on the Burns FB group - hopefully someone can shed some further light on it. :)

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    hobbio said:
    Early Sat morning still, so have  a coffee, shower and a slice of toast - then look at it again and see if you still like it  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, you're right. It's hideous! 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23486
    More a Flying A than a Flying V, and I'm not convinced it's genuine. 

Wow, that headstock is a whole new level of ugly... as is the hardware, scratchplate... and the rest of the guitar.  But somehow I think it's rather cool.
    The Burns FB group feedback is unanimous - home bodge-job.

What was their verdict on the body? Cut-down original with extensions or created from scratch and, then, attached to the old neck?

@HarrySeven. Which one of those Burns forum IDs is you?
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3414
    edited March 2018
    I'm no expert but that neck pick up looks a little wonky