NGD...true to H7 form, it's a bit Marmite...

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8039

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

7reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4212
    That’s wonderfully Mental, love it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72954
    Interesting... Steinberger meets Ibanez in Ikea.

:)

I quite like it. It's nothing if not distinctive and modern, and it's not ugly. Is it an official product and if so by/for who?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8039

All I know it's it's luthier-built (and it looks/feels that way too) - feels good, plays and sounds great.

Been chasing it for a few years - first spotted it FS up in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and eventually acquired it from someone in Rotherham.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

All I know it's it's luthier-built (and it looks/feels that way too) - feels good, plays and sounds great.
    Do you think they made the neck, or took that and the bridge from a Hohner? I can't see clearly enough in the pic whether it's a licenced Steinberger trem...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6820
    edited April 2018
    Ergonomic too!  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8039
    ICBM said:

Do you think they made the neck, or took that and the bridge from a Hohner? I can't see clearly enough in the pic whether it's a licenced Steinberger trem...

Hmmm...The neck certainly feels less chunky than my old Hohner headless, so I don't think so...also the frets are definitely slimmer.

Trem is licensed - Hohner-tastic.

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4686
    Needs more Humbuckers 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Love the design. Only thing I don't like are the red pickups - I'd prefer blue, myself.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5590
    My white coffee table looks about that size...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    edited April 2018
    I love Marmite.

I hate this.  Sorry.

When I first looked at the pics I thought it was just a normal guitar and someone had cut out a bit of formica and inexplicably stuck it on the top.

A shred guitar for acoustic players seeking a rare opportunity to boldly venture beyond the 14th fret?

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6303
    It has a certain something.

9/10 with one point deducted for the curved edge at the end of the fingerboard. It makes my teeth itch.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12704
    It was fine until they fitted the third pickup... as a result, I'm out. ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

goldtop said:

9/10 with one point deducted for the curved edge at the end of the fingerboard. It makes my teeth itch.
    I wonder if it's a cut-down Strat neck? It would seem odd to do something so deliberately un-minimalist otherwise.

I would deduct a point for the spacing of the pickups not being even as well. That makes my teeth itch too :).

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    Image result for ian hunter h guitar
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    I'd like to see a set square on the corners please, it doesn't look quite 90 degrees, and therefor not square enough for my liking.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12704
    Philly_Q said:
    Image result for ian hunter h guitar
    Drugs... aren't they?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    That isn't a bit Marmite. It's a marmite cake with marmite spread in the middle and icing on the top.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7004
    Surely a good luthier would REFUSE to make that!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    I’ve heard of slab boards - but not slab bodies before....
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Ah, so this is what the work experience kid at Millimetric does.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom