Your weird foibles

What's Hot

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12426
    i hate it when I'm cooking and my wife comes in and tastes it and says something like "hmm thats needs more...." Really fucking irritates me. Its not fucking finished yet Mrs fucking Masterchef, if you know so much cook it your fucking self.

Other than that I'm totally laid back.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    Deleted. I was very very drunk. Didn’t mean to cause offence.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1313
    I find myself lining things up, either physically or just visually.

If I'm sitting and there are two edges, like the edge of a window and the post of a fence outside and those edges are close to aligned, I'll move myself so that they line up.

If there is a box on a table and it's nowhere near square to the table edge I'm okay, but if it's close I tend to make it exactly square if it's in my line of sight.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    i hate it when I'm cooking and my wife comes in and tastes it and says something like "hmm thats needs more...." Really fucking irritates me. Its not fucking finished yet Mrs fucking Masterchef, if you know so much cook it your fucking self.

Other than that I'm totally laid back.

I get the same.

The one that really does it for me is when the wife (who would struggle to make beans on toast and in all likelihood starve if I didn't do the cooking), starts telling me how to cook steak, which ends up in a shouting match, and gets to the point of me walking off and sitting down at the table. Every fucking time.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited April 2018
    ^ I get the same but it's not limited to cooking.  Anything I do, the foreman shows up to interfere and give uncalled for advice.  I think it's just a combination of being manipulative and craving (negative) attention.  It's super, super frustrating, because you end up being able to see it coming, and are rarely disappointed.
    bodhi said:
    ^ I get the same but it's not limited to cooking.  Anything I do, the foreman shows up to interfere and give uncalled for advice.  I think it's just a combination of being manipulative and craving (negative) attention.  It's super, super frustrating, because you end up being able to see it coming, and are rarely disappointed.
    Yep me too, I do a job that I’ve been putting off for ages, let’s say glossing which I hate so I’m starting with simmering resentment because I could be doing something more useful with my time like.. absolutely anything. Anyway the wife will come in and go “hmm that’s going to need another coat” I answer a quiet curt “yep” because I can see that it is going to need another coat because I’m the one doing it and I have eyes. Then she’ll say “can you see that it’s goong to need another coat?” Then I start to growl and it’s all downhill from there.

on the other hand I don’t do anything irritating at all, she should count her lucky stars she really should.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited April 2018
    Deleted. I was very very drunk. Didn’t mean to cause offence.
     So is posting while pissed your weird foible?

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8014
    I'm also phobic of ashtrays,  I can't touch them, full ones make me want to puke.  Luckily, not seen one in many years.  I don't have any good friends or family that smoke.  Though, my mother used to be a heavy smoker - she gave up ten years ago. 
  • thingthing Frets: 469

bodhi said:
    My wife can't help it. I don't think any of them can, they're hard wired to be annoying. Like wasps.

This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Beans must never touch egg
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16152
    I am very scared of being caught Masturbating using a dead chicken whilst dressed in a wetsuit and wearing bright red lipstick with a chocolate eclair stuck up my arse .
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Dominic said:
    I am very scared of being caught Masturbating using a dead chicken whilst dressed in a wetsuit and wearing bright red lipstick with a chocolate eclair stuck up my arse .
    Please turn your laptop’s camera off!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    TheMarlin said:
    I'm also phobic of ashtrays,  I can't touch them, full ones make me want to puke.  Luckily, not seen one in many years.  I don't have any good friends or family that smoke.  Though, my mother used to be a heavy smoker - she gave up ten years ago. 
    Yeah I get this too, and it's even worse if it's a public ashtray on a rainy day and all the wet fag ends are sitting swimming around in a dirty water puddle. Makes me gag.

I'm a smoker as well.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11346
    kaypeejay said:
    Come on, that HAS to be a euphemism.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    I look at other vehicles on the road as the enemy. Absolutely every vehicle has the potential to kill me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    bodhi said:

At the risk of this turning into a 'shit that boils your piss', I have to agree with you 100%. It's not just cooking, it's fucking everything.

The one that really, really, gets my goat is I have to tell her four times before it sinks in, each time with me getting progressively more irritated. Example:-

"Have you done the house insurance?"

"Yes, I did it today."

"Are you sure?"

Yes,, I told you I did it today."

Well, what this renewal notice, then?"

"It's last year's, and like I said I did it today."

"You can't have done it, otherwise we wouldn't have got this renewal notice"

"That's last year's renewal notice, I dug it out because I wanted to see how much it was, and for the last time, I did it today."

"Did you make sure to include....(insert selection of high-value items that are always included in the house insurance every poxy year)."

"Fuck me, how many times do I have to tell you I DID IT EARLIER TODAY!"

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    kaypeejay said:
    Beans shouldn't be on the plate at all.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    bodhi said:

At the risk of this turning into a 'shit that boils your piss', I have to agree with you 100%. It's not just cooking, it's fucking everything.

The one that really, really, gets my goat is I have to tell her four times before it sinks in, each time with me getting progressively more irritated. Example:-

"Have you done the house insurance?"

"Yes, I did it today."

"Are you sure?"

Yes,, I told you I did it today."

Well, what this renewal notice, then?"

"It's last year's, and like I said I did it today."

"You can't have done it, otherwise we wouldn't have got this renewal notice"

"That's last year's renewal notice, I dug it out because I wanted to see how much it was, and for the last time, I did it today."

"Did you make sure to include....(insert selection of high-value items that are always included in the house insurance every poxy year)."

"Fuck me, how many times do I have to tell you I DID IT EARLIER TODAY!"

But have you done the house insurance?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1850
    I duck when I walk or drive under the height restriction barriers in car parks. I can't stop myself. I don't need to. I may be tall for my height but that's only 5'8". 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    When I was a kid, I couldn't bear the thought of losing anything, and I mean anything. To the point that if I farted, I would cup it into my hand then put it into my pocket.

I'm surprised how reasonably well balanced I appear to have turned out.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom