Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Roland / Boss Nextone - new amp line

What's Hot
Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2343

Not sure if these are a successor to the Roland Blues Cube line?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    Certainly look to be from the features. 

<Keeps eyes peeled for falling Blues Cube prices>

You know what though - it's a cheeky setup there isn't it - take the format and people from well known REVIEW channels and recreate it with an ad script. Such is marketing I guess. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Two incredibly great players, but it's quite cringe ha

More playing, less Boss script.

These would sell just as well, with 10 minutes of these 2 playing through different settings
  • Haven't watched the video but quick Google says they look okay, there are 40 and 80w models and limited built in effects. Around $700 for the smaller one. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I just don't really want to see the same players demoing gear. Pete is great but hearing him play a product does not make me want to buy it....in fact I don't really care who does it as long as it sounds decent. I'd rather it be a guitarist from a well known band who just writes songs. 
  • Take a Blues Cube, add ALL the Tone Capsules in a selectable control, (as many an owner wished for), voila we give you the Nextone until the ''next tone' comes along in a year or two's time!!!!! And all just in time for Santa HoHo No!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • £439 for the 40w and £615 for the 80w
    https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Boss-Nextone-Artist-80w-Guitar-Amplifier/2RAR
    https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Boss-Nextone-Stage-40w-Guitar-Amplifier/2RBO

There are now a few demo videos on youtube from people like Peach Guitars and Brett Kingman
  • I still think the Katana is king....especially considering the price. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    Two incredibly great players, but it's quite cringe ha
    Yeah there's a few moments near the start where it looks as though they're looking lovingly into each other's eyes. The editing, lighting and soft-focus lenses make it more like a love letter than a serious product demo! =)
  • Take a Blues Cube, add ALL the Tone Capsules in a selectable control, (as many an owner wished for), voila we give you the Nextone until the ''next tone' comes along in a year or two's time!!!!! And all just in time for Santa HoHo No!!!!

To be fair, this looks likes the adjustment toggles between different power amp emulations. The Tone Capsules were more focused on changing pre amp section, from what I remember.

I have a Blues Cube Artist and briefly at the Tone Capsules. They did sound good, especially the Eric Johnson one, but way too bloody expensive. Plus a bit of a faff to change them by all accounts; if they were a bit cheaper and could have been footswitchable I might have been interested.

These new ones sound good, but definitely not different enough to consider trading up from the BCA.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2386
    edited November 2018
    Take a Blues Cube, add ALL the Tone Capsules in a selectable control, (as many an owner wished for), voila we give you the Nextone until the ''next tone' comes along in a year or two's time!!!!! And all just in time for Santa HoHo No!!!!

To be fair, this looks likes the adjustment toggles between different power amp emulations.
    As pioneered by Blackstar's ID range several years ago...
  • Tone capsules always struck me as a complete nonsense. They were essentially just software updates and could have been delivered as such.. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    If the Tone Capsules were £50-60 peoplE would have bought them all. I wonder if they've given up on the idea 

Be interesting to see what these are like when the non-paid reviews come out 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Are Roland/Boss trolling serial amp flippers by naming it "Next one"?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 'Peach Guitars' 35min review video ... a little more 'ordinary' insight perhaps(?)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31756
    Are Roland/Boss trolling serial amp flippers by naming it "Next one"?
    That's how I read it, ie, "Better than that piece of landfill you bought off us three months ago". 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8554
    Are Roland/Boss trolling serial amp flippers by naming it "Next one"?
    Ha, brilliant!
  • It's a nice product but I'm happy with the Katana 100. 
  • Maxx77Maxx77 Frets: 20
    is the 40 and 80w a amp valve value, or solid state value?
  • Seems like a good set of features, I wouldn’t mind upgrading from my blues cube hot. 
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • First impressions - while it may not have all the bells and whistles of the Katana, the Nextone is fundamentally a better-sounding amp.

Nice to see that both versions have the same set of features.  You don't have to get the larger one just to get an FX loop, for example.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb