I went and played some D28s

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27000
    TimmyO said:
    Cheers fellas, I think I'll go and try out some mid to high end Martin's. The 810 cost me a pretty penny. I don't hate it, it's great. But it's not exactly where I want to be.
    If you can take your Taylor with you and try it against a new (H)D28 Reimagined you'll know inside a minute if that's the direction you want to go 
    Ya this. 

FWIW I loved my old Taylor 214 (and still think that's one of the very best sub-1k options around) but once the Martin "thing" hooks you in there's no going back.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaintyDainty Frets: 18
    I have the HD-28V and it is awesome...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18763
    Lewy said:

Reimagined; Modern Deluxe: Authentic: ?

Please preserve us all from such marketing bollocks s

They're fantastically easy not to buy, or in fact read about, or comment on. 

How would you rather a maker differentiates between lines with different features...colour coding? 
    I was commenting on the use of words that already have established meanings, such as 'Authentic'.
    "Authentic: of undisputed origin and not a copy; genuine."

TimmyO said:

Reimagined; Modern Deluxe: Authentic: ?

Please preserve us all from such marketing bollocks :s

How's the "Vox Phantom" ? ;-) 
    And your point is?
    I commented on a Vox Phantom organ guitar in another, completely unrelated thread.
    Nothing whatever to do with my statement, or my dislike of marketing types highjacking language.

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    A Harmony Sovereign isn’t really a Sovereign either. I think you’re being a tad pedantic. This could descend into chaos. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Andy79 said:
    A Harmony Sovereign isn’t really a Sovereign either. I think you’re being a tad pedantic. This could descend into chaos. 
    And a Sovereign is a Monarch or a coin. 
    I could go on, but that was never & is not, my point.

As you might have gathered, I get hacked off with random descriptions like "Authentic"  "historically-accurate" when not backed up by evidence/truth .
    It's my bugbear, so please don't feel obliged to correct me when I'm not factually wrong  ;)

• LewyLewy Frets: 4211
    Andy79 said:
    And a Sovereign is a Monarch or a coin. 
    I could go on, but that was never & is not, my point.

As you might have gathered, I get hacked off with random descriptions like "Authentic"  "historically-accurate" when not backed up by evidence/truth .
    It's my bugbear, so please don't feel obliged to correct me when I'm not factually wrong  ;)

You’re being very selective with the bits of the definition you’re choosing to quote, because Authentic is also defined as “Made or done in the traditional or original way, or in a way that faithfully resembles an original”. Which is what these guitars are.

In answer to the point about being backed up by evidence/truth, Martin took real examples of each type from their museum and had them CAT scanned at the Smithsonian so they could replicate them in the custom shop. So, I’m not sure where you’re factually right on this one really....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    @markj  - bump for you re Martins 
    Red ones are better.