My 5 guitars that I have made

What's Hot

Every time I bought a guitar I thought I was finally happy, but it never lasted. I always got the itch for something new after a period of time.

I did however stop buying guitars once I built one for myself. I had such a bond to the guitar that I was no longer interested in any made by someone else, however amazing they were. This would sound like the ideal solution to the problem of constantly buying guitars, but there is a flaw in the plan. I have now made 5 guitars that I would never part with, and planning for no:6 is underway. I have too many guitars!

Never make a guitar ....

Anyway, I am the proud father of this bunch. They are not perfect, not what I would call pro standard by any stretch of the imagination but I am more than pleased with them, especially considering my very poor facilities! In my mind I’m thinking that I will make three more - a bass, a Variax to tele transplant and either an SG, an LP Jr or maybe a carve top LP if I can pluck up the courage to tackle it.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12376
    I appreciate you would never sell. I call first dibs on the black tele with the bigsby though : )  

Great stuff, I've done one tele build/assembly and it was very satisfying I have to say.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    The wine crate Tele is something else.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    edited July 2019
    Real interesting bunch dude

I've got 4 homemade ones atm ... somethings gotta go.. but I love them all too much to part with them... (I've got 2 part made hanging about too )

Even the one I listed on Ebay I'm thinking of keeping 

Aaaggggh! Stupid guitars have become an obsession 

My limit of 5 guitars went out the window long ago lol
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12376
    Did you make your own decals btw I have a partscaster from a US fender body and allparts neck that I'd like the 70s "telecaster" on but not the fender.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    munckee said:
    Did you make your own decals btw I have a partscaster from a US fender body and allparts neck that I'd like the 70s "telecaster" on but not the fender.
    Yes - using waterslide decal paper from craftycomputerpaper.co.uk. You can get it for either inkjet or laserprinter. My day job is graphic design so pretty easy for me to do.
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    They are all VERY cool.  Top class.  I'd be more than happy with any of them!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27576
    axisus said:

In my mind I’m thinking that I will make three more 

Having watched your early builds, it’d be a waste of your skills (in both design and making) if you only made three more.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    wine crate tele is my favourite to look at, which is your favourite to play?

Well done by the way, the guitar build still temps me
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Love the Bigsby Tele but the headless is something else. Quite possibly the nicest headless I’ve seen
    wine crate tele is my favourite to look at, which is your favourite to play?

They are all different and all have something I like, but my no:1 guitar is the strat. Having said that, the headless is only just finished so that is the one I am playing every day at the moment. Strat is no 1 though, even if I am missing a 22nd fret!
    TTony said:
    axisus said:

In my mind I’m thinking that I will make three more 

Having watched your early builds, it’d be a waste of your skills (in both design and making) if you only made three more.

:)
    Dwindling pot of spare money ... lack of storage space ... 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    A mate made 6 strats so he could understand the variations of wood, build, pickup choice, etc. He had already sold 2 when we became friends. I now have three of them, all great, all custom shop grade, better than the true vintage Stratocasters I’ve tried, as playable as any masterbuilt. He jokes about selling me his last and only guitar. But then how would he play his 20 Marshall plexi stacks?
    I would never part with any of mine as each has its own voice. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27059
    Visually-speaking I’m ALL about the Kanji-Tele. Absolutely brilliant and I’ve loved it from day one. Do you know what it says? 

As for building more, I’m very confident you could sell these, conveniently stopping you from running out of space...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Visually-speaking I’m ALL about the Kanji-Tele. Absolutely brilliant and I’ve loved it from day one. Do you know what it says? 

Yes! I'm a Christian so they are all related to that. It's all just personal to me. The inlays are Chinese numbers of course. It also has some LEDs in the neck, I must do a wee demo some day. 

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    if you love something, set it free.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    axisus said:

Yes! I'm a Christian so they are all related to that. It's all just personal to me. The inlays are Chinese numbers of course. It also has some LEDs in the neck, I must do a wee demo some day. 

that's interesting, what does it say?
  • hoopshoops Frets: 224
    All look great but Strat is seriously great!
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    All awesome! Strat and winebox Tele especially. Watched the wine box thread with huge interest. Had me checking out stencilled crates on ebay for weeks. I've found the same as you regards buying guitars since building my own. I've built 3 but I think there's maybe one more in the future ha.