Player vs. Vintera Modified Strat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    The pricing gap between standard and more vintage specs is there across the board - Squier Standards are cheaper the Classic Vibes, Player Series are cheaper than Vintera, American Professional are cheaper than American Original... maybe there is a reason, or maybe it’s because they know people like the vintage style and specs so they cash in.

Personally I like vintage Fender specs and I’ve just bought a Vintera Jazzmaster. It’s a brilliant guitar, the pickups sound great, it’s nice to play and the fit and finish are spot on. Well worth the money in my opinion.
    On the US line, it's the nitro finish that will add cost.  Not sure what the differences are on the Mexican line though.  Maybe a marketing thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Of course its a marketing thing - but you can't blame them its business !! 

The guitar buying public is obsessed with vintage guitars and will pay way over the odds for vintage mojo - Fender/Gibson are for profit capitalist enterprises. Guess what its their job to maximise profit so they do. If you are wise and sensible you will see through the guff and buy the right guitar for you at the right price for your wallet - rant off ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    It does seem that more than almost any other area, most guitars are bought by people that set their budget first and then shop within that range. That the manufacturers who can respond with a product for every conceivable bracket shouldn’t be a surprise 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I actually Googled Vintera before I relaised was 'Vint' era... I hadn't read the marketing puff at that stage though.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>