SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Two Ageing Parents

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9674
edited November 2019 in FX £
Male - double vision, rock hard, won’t listen to a word you say, diabetic, may be going blind. Vintage 42 classic.

Female - Needy, selfish, has full hysterectomy. Ungrateful and hard work. 1944 model.

Free, and I’ll pay the postage.

Trades - a set of used, rusty strings will do
11reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Any trades for a 1927 model ( female)? They built them tough pre war - constant depression, lack of mobility, visual impairment all acceptable wear and tear for this vintage.    
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9674
    edited November 2019
    Any trades for a 1927 model ( female)? They built them tough pre war - constant depression, lack of mobility, visual impairment all acceptable wear and tear for this vintage.    
    I’ll up for a trade Eric....

Do you know the weight ?

(PS at Russels Hall - only been here since 9.00)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Any trades for a 1927 model ( female)? They built them tough pre war - constant depression, lack of mobility, visual impairment all acceptable wear and tear for this vintage.    
    I’ll up for a trade Eric....

Do you know the weight ?

(PS at Russels Hall - only been here since 9.00)
    Nearly 20 stone, exceptional for the period. 

From my experience the best thing about hanging around Russell's Hall is that at least it's not hanging around New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton. 
    Hope everything gets sorted. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6407
    It's bloody hard, but enjoy them while you can, they'll be long gone soon enough !   I miss my old folks.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2274
    edited November 2019
    Male - double vision, rock hard, won’t listen to a word you say, diabetic, may be going blind. Vintage 42 classic.

Female - Needy, selfish, has full hysterectomy. Ungrateful and hard work. 1944 model.

Free, and I’ll pay the postage.

Trades - a set of used, rusty strings will do
    I've already got vintage '53 and '54 models, wonderful, no issues with them so far, but will let you know.

Sorry to hear all this, hope all is well soon.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    edited November 2019
    I’ve got 2 Daily Mail reading Special editions of ‘47 & ‘44 Vintage....both haven’t left the house for weeks, and have been gathering dust of late.
    Both keen NIMBY’s and have a tendency to believe everything they read..... FREE local pick up as won’t post...or trades WHY? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33898
    The only thing I can trade is ashes.

Seriously, have patience.
    You'll miss them when they are gone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • Think you should post this in the Miscellaneous section. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8836
    FS - one male guitarist. Late '53 roadworn model. It's been heavily gigged over the years, but can still carry the PA and back line, and there's plenty of life left in the fingers.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16266
    Trades and cash your way
    92 year old Father-in-law and 80 year old Mother -in-Law both with very advanced dementia . Smoke Free (but not for long ) !
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jalapeno said:
    It's bloody hard, but enjoy them while you can, they'll be long gone soon enough !   I miss my old folks.
    octatonic said:
    Seriously, have patience.
    You'll miss them when they are gone.
    ^ This. A very amusing thread I’m sure (ish...) but when they are gone, as mine are, you’ll miss them. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16266
    Mine are also gone.....I lost my Dad 41 years ago but never a day goes by that I don't think of him or hear him in my head.
    I was 16 ,adored my Dad and was out with him when he had a Heart Attack . He was long gone by the time an Ambulance got there . They had to pull me off him........he had died instantly but I had been giving him the kiss of Life for 40 minutes when they did pull me away. He was young.My Younger brother also died in my arms at age 49 .
     I was 52 when my mother passed and was able to accept that she had lived her life.
    My 92 year old Father -in -Law has certainly lived every bit of his and I'm able to have some dark humour because I feel he has got his money's worth and nothing lasts forever .
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33898
    We had another loss tonight- my wife's aunt had been unwell for a bit but not dying.
    It looks as though she collapsed Friday or Saturday and died.
    She was found today by her elder brother.

She was a nice lady who spent her life living for other people and was generally treated poorly for it.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16044
    edited November 2019

tae be or not tae be
  • Take the piss if you wish, but when they are dead you will miss them, and before too long your turn will come to be the subject of ridicule, assuming you brought your children up to be cynical bastards.......
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Take the piss if you wish, but when they are dead you will miss them, and before too long your turn will come to be the subject of ridicule, assuming you brought your children up to be cynical bastards.......

Wow, will some of you chill a bit, it's clearly tongue in cheek no need to for the dad brigade to stick their holier than throw oars in. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm always interested in vintage gears. 
    When you dial in the banter and really press their buttons , is the boost in their voices transparent or coloured by other means? 

We all love a transparent boost you know.

If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Wow, will some of you chill a bit, it's clearly tongue in cheek no need to for the dad brigade to stick their holier than throw oars in.

...in a word, no I won’t chill mate...

Bingo =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • x-valves4everx-valves4ever Frets: 104
    edited November 2019

Take the piss if you wish, but when they are dead you will miss them, and before too long your turn will come to be the subject of ridicule, assuming you brought your children up to be cynical bastards.......

Bingo

Interesting that those who dish it out can’t take it when they get criticised....Bingo
This discussion has been closed.