Dave Mustaine gear sell off

What's Hot

Comments

• Can we stop posting this twat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    edited November 2019
    Can we stop posting this twat.
    I don't think I can, sorry. His riffs were too influential on me for that. I can also identify with the juvenile sneer. \m/
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    He flew to somewhere in Europe for surgery I think? Maybe he needs the cash. Poor Dave hope he pulls through
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:
    He flew to somewhere in Europe for surgery I think? Maybe he needs the cash. Poor Dave hope he pulls through
    +1 for this. Reading through some of the comments on that ERS video, there are rumour's that Dave's going to Gibson, and apparently there are leaked photos of a King V looking guitar with a Kramer headstock... can't find anything in a quick search though
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• DLM said:
    I don't think I can, sorry. His riffs were too influential on me for that. I can also identify with the juvenile sneer. \m/
    I really hope here that @Blaendulais is talking about Essex Recording Studios and @DLM is talking about Dave Mustaine...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10253
  • His philanthropy seems admirable though ,fair play if he is helping struggling bands
    How is he helping struggling bands? 
    He said in the video he lets them record at low rates
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    His philanthropy seems admirable though ,fair play if he is helping struggling bands
    How is he helping struggling bands? 
    He said in the video he lets them record at low rates
    Quite a few places have lower rates for unsigned acts, right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DLM said:
    I really hope here that @Blaendulais is talking about Essex Recording Studios and @DLM is talking about Dave Mustaine...
    You are correct!!!
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 445
    This guy (Essex bloke) is hilarious. He's tried to lowball me about 50 times on guitars I've been selling, and I've seen him buy stuff then list it for over double what he paid, and massively over the going rate. He changed his Ebay ID from essexrecordingstudio to essexfashionhouse, probably because of how notorious he was getting. Deffo one of the characters around on the scene. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • If i was Keith I would wait a couple of months and put them up for sale for three times what they are worth :)

“Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81 said:
    This guy (Essex bloke) is hilarious. He's tried to lowball me about 50 times on guitars I've been selling, and I've seen him buy stuff then list it for over double what he paid, and massively over the going rate. He changed his Ebay ID from essexrecordingstudio to essexfashionhouse, probably because of how notorious he was getting. Deffo one of the characters around on the scene. 
    Is “characters” the correct term here? ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81 said:
    Is “characters” the correct term here? ;)

Close, it does begin with "C". 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26640
    edited November 2019
    Yeah. That guy actually tried to get this forum shut down not so long ago - went to Linode threatening to drop the FBI on them because, apparently, we were mounting a denial-of-service attack on his Reverb shop.

I called the guys at Reverb, no DoS reported. Turns out that this guy's definition of "denial of service attack" is "a few people from a forum reporting his Reverb listings for being inaccurate and possibly false".

He actually went on Twitter to Linode, claiming DoS, tagging the FBI again asking them if ignoring such things is how they treat army veterans, so I called him.

Oh, dear god. When I suggested that was a definition of "denial of service" that nobody else in the world used, he lost it and started yelling at me. So I said that, since he has an active forum account and was now claiming defamation, he should flag all the threads and comments with his concerns because we have too much content to be expected to read it all (as per the law).

"That's a laugh, you've got a tiny little forum with maybe fifty comments a day, it's worth nothing and I know all the big players in the industry, they all think your pathetic little site is completely insignificant, Just delete everything!" (paraphrased for brevity)
    "Err...if we're so insignificant, why are you so upset about this?"

That was the point where he hung up on me. I still, to this day, don't know why (oh, and when I asked Linode about the complaint and what was happening, they said they hadn't bothered to contact me because it was obviously a nuisance compaint with no substance).

EDIT: For what it's worth, when I was talking about server logs proving there was no DoS going on, and that unrelated people reporting listings on Reverb didn't constitute a DoS, he told me I was clearly a low-grade nobody who'd never worked in IT, and he knew this because he's a serious engineer who's been doing work for "huge global companies" for years. As well as being a US Army and Air Force veteran, and being a world-famous purveyor of high-end gear who hob-nobs with the elite musicians and company execs of the industry.

I'll admit, I found it a little difficult to take him seriously ;)
    <space for hire>
    25reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10253
    edited November 2019
    Someone should tell him that Colchester isn't actually just outside London, it's bloody miles away! 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2772
    Well, at least by selling all of those guitars at very high prices, he must really be contributing to the UK Taxperson :) 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22978
    Someone should tell him that Colchester isn't actually just outside London, it's bloody miles away! 
    He's American, to him it's like popping out to the corner shop.
  • Yeah. That guy actually tried to get this forum shut down not so long ago - went to Linode threatening to drop the FBI on them because, apparently, we were mounting a denial-of-service attack on his Reverb shop.

I called the guys at Reverb, no DoS reported. Turns out that this guy's definition of "denial of service attack" is "a few people from a forum reporting his Reverb listings for being inaccurate and possibly false".

He actually went on Twitter to Linode, claiming DoS, tagging the FBI again asking them if ignoring such things is how they treat army veterans, so I called him.

Oh, dear god. When I suggested that was a definition of "denial of service" that nobody else in the world used, he lost it and started yelling at me. So I said that, since he has an active forum account and was now claiming defamation, he should flag all the threads and comments with his concerns because we have too much content to be expected to read it all (as per the law).

"That's a laugh, you've got a tiny little forum with maybe fifty comments a day, it's worth nothing and I know all the big players in the industry, they all think your pathetic little site is completely insignificant, Just delete everything!" (paraphrased for brevity)

That was the point where he hung up on me. I still, to this day, don't know why (oh, and when I asked Linode about the complaint and what was happening, they said they hadn't bothered to contact me because it was obviously a nuisance compaint with no substance).

EDIT: For what it's worth, when I was talking about server logs proving there was no DoS going on, and that unrelated people reporting listings on Reverb didn't constitute a DoS, he told me I was clearly a low-grade nobody who'd never worked in IT, and he knew this because he's a serious engineer who's been doing work for "huge global companies" for years. As well as being a US Army and Air Force veteran, and being a world-famous purveyor of high-end gear who hob-nobs with the elite musicians and company execs of the industry.

I'll admit, I found it a little difficult to take him seriously ;)
    I was right about him being a "C" then.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3991

That was the point where he hung up on me.
    power lol
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    I've got not issue about people trying to make living selling gear but this is clearly nothing I want to be supporting.

Looking at his Reverb shop prices he seems to only want those customers who are prepared to pay *anything* for a particular item they want more than anything else.
    Some of his items for sale are more than what you'd buy them from a shop from, particularly the studio gear.

Also, I'm pretty sure he is a grade A bullshitter.
    Take this: https://reverb.com/item/27112793-chandler-limited-abbey-road-emi-tg2-mic-pre-legendary-two-channel-preamp

He says there that "We are a Chandler dealer".
    But if I go to the Chandler website and look at the dealers list there is nothing to indicate he is.
    He's also selling it as a 'new' product which only a dealer can do.
    I'm pretty sure that if you ever tried to get any sort of support out of him you'd struggle.

The SSL 6000E console he has for sale is about twice as expensive as others have sold for too, approaching the price of a brand new AWS924 with a warranty. 
    It seems that many products he has for sale is in some way owned by a famous person and he basically doubles his price for provenance that cannot be actually demonstrated.

File under 'chancer'.