Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Strat Acousticaster - Why ?

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
edited January 2020 in Guitar
(It's on the Reverb Facebook page )

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HaychHaych Frets: 5635
    So you can look like Craig Mclachlan

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Bloody awful looking .. you'd of thought Fender would have learnt their lesson after the Tele version! 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    Because the Tele one isn't ugly enough.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Because, just possibly, that even though it doesnt float your particular boat, there is a niche for it and Fender sold enough of the Tele-sonic that a Strat version was deemed viable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    Kalimna said:
    Because, just possibly, that even though it doesnt float your particular boat, there is a niche for it and Fender sold enough of the Tele-sonic that a Strat version was deemed viable.

Exactly.  If the Tele version was a poor selling money pit they wouldn't have spent on the development, tooling, marketing etc. for this version. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    I was / am tempted by a tele one for live use in the band situation.  Just for dealing with the volume which its aledgedly very good at.  Would depend if a) that was true and b) how it played though.

Would never, never be a substitute for my proper acoustics mind.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Not for me but the Tele version has been a good seller so rumour has it 
    springhead said:

Exactly.  If the Tele version was a poor selling money pit they wouldn't have spent on the development, tooling, marketing etc. for this version.  
    Or possibly, it isn't selling and they want to increase the potential customer base and recover some more of the costs without having to do anything other than reprogramme the CNC that cuts the body shape out, since all the rest of it is identical.

No idea... it could be either, or neither.

I don't actually dislike the concept at all, I just think the way it's been done with that separate panel in the middle of the body instead of taking it to the edge is really ugly. Or maybe even if they'd just not done the arm contour so the coloured bit was the same distance from the edge all the way round.

They're also a daft price.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Kramer Ferrington looks half decent . The acoustasonic looks crap though 
    Kramer Ferrington looks half decent
    The half without the headstock :).

• LewyLewy Frets: 4217
    edited January 2020
    I’ve recently got one of the teles. It’s awesome. Plays great, and the plugged-in acoustic sounds are as good as any plugged in acoustic sounds you can get from any kit. Then with a flick of a switch you’ve got convincing electric sounds still through your acoustic amp or p.a.

That’s either appealing functionality or it isn’t. If it is, it’s a very elegant solution. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    Lewy said:
    I’ve recently got one of the teles. It’s awesome. Plays great, and the plugged-in acoustic sounds are as good as any plugged in acoustic sounds you can get from any kit. Then with a flick of a switch you’ve got convincing electric sounds still through your acoustic amp or p.a.

That’s either appealing functionality or it isn’t. If it is, it’s a very elegant solution. 

Well, frankly if you're convinced then I am!  Will need something like this towards the summer.
  • Lewy said:

I look forward to seeing it in a couple of months time!
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    I really like the look of the Tele + colour options 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4217
    The cost attracts a lot of criticism but by my estimation if you wanted to drop similar electronics into a standard acoustic you’d be looking at £5-600 (UST, Onboard Aura, N4 mag pickup, a preamp for that to give it the overdriven sound, some sort of bridge plate transducer) plus whatever you’d need to rig to make them all work together. Based on street price, that leaves you £900-1000 to find a high quality US made guitar to put them in. And that’s only if you value your own time at £0. Again, if you don’t want or need the functionality then none of it makes sense but if you do, it’s not a crazy price.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    I want to like it...But I'd rather have a really good acoustic or electric for the same money.

I'm not sure whether I could make the compromise.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    Andertons video:

Lee Anderton says in this one that they sold over 100 of the Tele version last year.

• SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    I'll wait for an acoustang.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    I will put money that they will be on bargain blow out sales Black Friday etc 

Total waste of wood, it looks fucking daft. The Tele version wasn't great, so lets flog the dead horse with a new style...

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom