Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

First ever telecaster ngd

What's Hot

Comments

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Really like the way the edge binding sets off the burst - very nice guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    Lovely looking guitar.. Thinking my next bout of GAS is going to involve a Telecaster. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Balrog68 said:
    Lovely looking guitar.. Thinking my next bout of GAS is going to involve a Telecaster.

If you had said that 4 months ago I would have tried to convince you not to get one!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11775
    Gorgeous guitar - happy NGD mate.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Gorgeous guitar - happy NGD mate.
    Thank you! 
  • Can't fault you sir ,I did more or less the same thing on the 13/ 12/ 2012 when I walked in to Guitars4you and purchased my fender USA Telecaster Deluxe , Its been my main guitar since most used and most versatile despite having a Les Paul standard a Gibson 339 cs curly maple a PRS custom 22 20th Anniversary , its still my go to tool.
  • Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
    Lovely!
    Can't fault you sir ,I did more or less the same thing on the 13/ 12/ 2012 when I walked in to Guitars4you and purchased my fender USA Telecaster Deluxe , Its been my main guitar since most used and most versatile despite having a Les Paul standard a Gibson 339 cs curly maple a PRS custom 22 20th Anniversary , its still my go to tool.

i have not been smitten by a guitar this much for a long time which is odd as its pretty much the lost basic plank going however it does music sooo well! 
  • Very nice HNGD!!
  • I know what you mean - I looked down on them for a long time. The first tele teenage me was aware of was the vintage (early 50s?) one played by Steve Zodiac out of Vardis, supporting (I think) Hawkwind in about (I think) 1980. Blond slab of a thing (the guitar rather than Mr Zodiac), I thought it was hideous (compared to the lovely Flying Vs and BC Richs and so forth I craved - what can I say? I was fifteen), and didn't really reassess my opinion until I got into the FB, bought a Baja on a whim and changed 360°. My current main guitar is a GSPBasses/OilCity/Rexter tele I received just before Christmas and really must do a NGD for. 

I suspect Leo got it right the first time, and everything since 1950 is gravy. 
    I have to agree i was a parker fly player for mny year, I will never say a guitar has soul or mojo or any of that crap as I firmly believe that all comes from the player, how'ver the tele has something, especially in the neck pickup,, I can now see why people love them so much, 

It still feels dirty having a tele as I have always taken the mic because.... Aor/blues /etc but they are very versatile,

FYI in not giving you a wiz etc as you're on 666 frets! 
    I’m about impart some wisdom here, doesn’t happen very often, so brace yourselves...

If you have a Tele and you aren’t spending 95% of your time on the bridge pickup then your Tele ain’t Teleing right. Even if you think it’s not your thing... it is. And if it’s not then that’s because somethings not right 

I would HIGHLY recommend changing that bridge out for an ashtray one with brass saddles and then find the right bridge pickup for your guitar. It will do just about everything. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    I know what you mean - I looked down on them for a long time. The first tele teenage me was aware of was the vintage (early 50s?) one played by Steve Zodiac out of Vardis, supporting (I think) Hawkwind in about (I think) 1980. Blond slab of a thing (the guitar rather than Mr Zodiac), I thought it was hideous (compared to the lovely Flying Vs and BC Richs and so forth I craved - what can I say? I was fifteen), and didn't really reassess my opinion until I got into the FB, bought a Baja on a whim and changed 360°. My current main guitar is a GSPBasses/OilCity/Rexter tele I received just before Christmas and really must do a NGD for. 

I suspect Leo got it right the first time, and everything since 1950 is gravy. 
    I have to agree i was a parker fly player for mny year, I will never say a guitar has soul or mojo or any of that crap as I firmly believe that all comes from the player, how'ver the tele has something, especially in the neck pickup,, I can now see why people love them so much, 

It still feels dirty having a tele as I have always taken the mic because.... Aor/blues /etc but they are very versatile,

FYI in not giving you a wiz etc as you're on 666 frets! 
    I’m about impart some wisdom here, doesn’t happen very often, so brace yourselves...

If you have a Tele and you aren’t spending 95% of your time on the bridge pickup then your Tele ain’t Teleing right. Even if you think it’s not your thing... it is. And if it’s not then that’s because somethings not right 

I would HIGHLY recommend changing that bridge out for an ashtray one with brass saddles and then find the right bridge pickup for your guitar. It will do just about everything. 
    Ooooh no not for me, any guitar I own the neck pickup is key, I find the main influence in town is me so I like to keep things as is plus I don't use a pick so that has a big effect 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8713
    Yes. For jazz I normally use the neck pickup, for rock it’s normally the bridge.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Nice tele - they are just awesome are they not :)
     Personally I love the middle position there is something just right a space in the sound love it :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, it was the neck pickup on the Baja that sold it for me - I'm normally playing low-gain or clean with my fingers, tone rolled back, volume rolled back a bit. I was expecting twang, and was pleased to discover this whole other personality to it.  That's the reason I think the tele is so amazing - it can be a completely different instrument for different people (more than a lot of other kinds of guitar). 
    Yeah, it was the neck pickup on the Baja that sold it for me - I'm normally playing low-gain or clean with my fingers, tone rolled back, volume rolled back a bit. I was expecting twang, and was pleased to discover this whole other personality to it.  That's the reason I think the tele is so amazing - it can be a completely different instrument for different people (more than a lot of other kinds of guitar). 
    Totslly agree,! I'm not really a twang fan, this has so such a usable voice, 
  • Happy NGD! 
    I picked up a sienna burst deluxe off of fleabay a few years back and it’s an absolute keeper. 
    I’ve had a little mess around with the pickups too and stuck a neck bucker in and a dimarzio chopper T. The chopper sounds great, bit more grind but still sounds like a tele. Probably the most comfortable neck I’ve played too.
    The Swamp City Shakers
    Happy NGD! 
    I picked up a sienna burst deluxe off of fleabay a few years back and it’s an absolute keeper. 
    I’ve had a little mess around with the pickups too and stuck a neck bucker in and a dimarzio chopper T. The chopper sounds great, bit more grind but still sounds like a tele. Probably the most comfortable neck I’ve played too.
    Thankyou.! 
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    Looks good, is the binding on the back too?
    Milk said:
    Looks good, is the binding on the back too?
    No the back is contoured like a strat, :) 
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    edited January 2020
    Happy NGD! 
    Out of nosiness, what 'bucker did you put in the neck and what pots are you using?