Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Rage Against the Machine dates announced

What's Hot
2 Uk in August 

https://tour.ratm.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Reading and Leeds festival 
  • Just a tour? A new, fuck Trump album would be so welcome. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Yup seen that last night and I’m gutted 
    I fly out on holiday the day before they play Leeds 
  • Last saw them here:

https://youtu.be/xzse3tmhzXE

was worth the effort. 

@MagicPigDetective , the music is just as relevant today, which is why I suspect we’ve not seen much from them in terms of new material. 

Tom has been touring as well so expect him to be on point. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8831
    Might this be a good place to share one of the most inspired covers I've ever seen?

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Last saw them here:

https://youtu.be/xzse3tmhzXE

was worth the effort. 

@MagicPigDetective , the music is just as relevant today, which is why I suspect we’ve not seen much from them in terms of new material. 

Tom has been touring as well so expect him to be on point. 
    Yeah the first album remains relevant in many ways and still rocks like a mofo. Perhaps they could chuck in a few Trump references when doing the old songs.

I saw them in Reading 93; remains the most explosive gig I’ve ever witnessed. 

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2933
    Tempted but the rest of the Reading lineup is so unbelievably shit that not sure it’s worth the cost of a day ticket.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • There is no band on Earth that would tempt me back into Leeds festival.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6973
    I'm really torn. Never got to see them back in the day.  A very important group to me musically and politically I guess. 

Not too sure I want to see the 2020 Corporate rock version with the signature guitar that comes with free political slogan decal you can add if you feel it. And the pricey 'how to play guitar like a non conformist rebel' masterclass. 

I don't begrudge people earning a living but that stuff doesn't sit well with me and I feel it sort of dilutes the message that goes hand in hand with the music. 

It's a bit like Alexi Sayle when talking about Ben Elton going 'I thought we were all in it together and all really believed in that stuff but clearly some were just paying lip service'. 

Zach is still the man though. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZ said:
    Tempted but the rest of the Reading lineup is so unbelievably shit that not sure it’s worth the cost of a day ticket.
    I'm so out of touch.  I don't think I've even heard of any of the other bands on the Sunday.

But I know I don't want to listen to RATM through my kitchen window.  Day ticket it is, then.

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• There is a convenient gap in there for Glastonbury as well
  • soma1975 said:

Not too sure I want to see the 2020 Corporate rock version with the signature guitar that comes with free political slogan decal you can add if you feel it. And the pricey 'how to play guitar like a non conformist rebel' masterclass. 

I don't begrudge people earning a living but that stuff doesn't sit well with me and I feel it sort of dilutes the message that goes hand in hand with the music. 

Yeah, I'm not sure it sits well with me. Also, this tour etc has been exceptionally well marketed. The guitar, the lessons, everything. I actually think the real talent lies with the rhythm section. Tom just adds flavour over the top of the main groove. 

Leeds/Reading have such POOR lineups now I don't think I can deal with going even to see such a legendary band like RATM.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    hassleham said:
    There is a convenient gap in there for Glastonbury as well

This speculation has made me a little bit arroused. 

fingers and toes so crossed it hurts. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4298
    Struggling to get excited. Saw them in Liverpool in '93, mind blowing and felt like a significant musical happening, but I think raging against machines is a bit of a young mans game, so prefer to remember them as they were back then I think...
  • For a while it looked like they were going to be playing the London Review Bookshop in Bloomsbury but they've taken that off the list now: https://twitter.com/LRBbookshop/status/1227177294701133824
  • The other night I played along to the first album, like I used to do often back in the 90's. The most fun I've had at home with a guitar in a long time.
  • Yikes... this escalated quickly.

I'll be getting a Leeds ticket and likely just going later in the day to avoid the rest of the dross. I grew up on RATM, in fact it was the band that got me into music aged 10; before I heard RATM I felt nothing from music and didn't understand what the fuss was about. Never seen them live so not missing this chance. Got no personal feelings toward Morello, did think the signature guitar was an odd choice but whether or not I think he's privileged or not has no bearing on his ability to write good music. Really looking forward to this. 

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• Changing the subject slightly, I just checked out Leeds Festival lineup. 
    I'm getting old, I've never heard of anyone! 
  • Changing the subject slightly, I just checked out Leeds Festival lineup. 
    I'm getting old, I've never heard of anyone! 
    Idles also a highlight
  • Hell yes, probably my favourite band of all time. Will grab a day ticket for Leeds just for them, rest of the lineup sucks though but still worth it for Rage!